jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What do you think about eating pork?

1. Christa Swope profile image35
    Christa Swopeposted 3 years ago

What do you think about eating pork?

2. profile image0
    jonaiveposted 3 years ago

Pork is awesome. I don't care if it's bad for me. It's delicious. Besides, we're all gonna die. I'd rather die happy than die healthy.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

As far as taste I love bacon, sausage, hotlinks, ham, and pork chops. Some people say eating pork is bad for you and there are others who say eating animals period is unhealthy.
    However the truth is when we took our first breath we started the clock ticking towards our death. Even if you run 5 miles a day, drink seaweed shakes, sleep 8 hours a night, avoid alcohol, drugs, dairy, and smoking...etc You're still going to die from "something".
    Most (healthy) people die via accidents, violence, or acts of god. In other words they generally do NOT live to see ages 80 or 90. Those of us who do live to see those age numbers are most likely to have some type of health issues.
    Some people believe it's not about the number of years one lives, it's about the life they live in those years.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image95
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

Personally, I am a vegetarian. I don't eat pork or any other meat.  However, that is a personal choice.
    I am irritated by dietary choices that are demanded by religions; I don't think it's anyone else's business what any person decides to eat.
    If I were to reverse those dietary laws, how would everyone like it if I were to rule that everyone had to be a vegetarian?
    I know that will never happen, and whether or not I think it should happen is irrelevant.  People are going to do what they are going to do, and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it.
    Outside of actual criminal behavior that is a danger to society, we are free to do what we want; we have free will.  We can use that to make wise or poor choices, but we each make our own choices.
    "dashingscorpio" has it right when he points out that we don't get out of life alive.  While we are alive, we should simply make the best of our life, and let it go at that.  Eat what you want, but leave other people to their own choices as well.

1. Christa Swope profile image35
      Christa Swopeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I grew up eating pork etc. and was taught i could eat what I want but now I'm starting to wonder the health benefits of not eating certain things such as pork. I got this book called The Maker's Diet and I am considering the health benefits of it

5. Penny G profile image73
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I don't eat pork, and stopped eating it long before I stopped eating meat all together. I think they are dirty, and full of parasites. People eat beef rare, but you would not bare to that to pork.

6. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

don't eat too often. Most pigs are injected just like chickens