jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What would you do if you took a sip of cola (soft drink) from a can and a piece

1. LAURENS WRIGHT profile image54
    LAURENS WRIGHTposted 3 years ago

What would you do if you took a sip of cola (soft drink) from a can and a piece of meat came out too

This actually happened to a lady that I know.  She took a sip of cola from a can and a piece of meat caught between her lips as she sipped the drink.  She was horrified, became literally sick and went to the hospital.  The scientist and doctors determined that the meat was "part of a rat", that had apparently got into the machinery  at the production plant and "processed" with the beverage.

2. Amanda108 profile image92
    Amanda108posted 3 years ago

Throw up, then call the news to publicize it. I'd be tempted to contact a lawyer because I need the money and people can sue over anything and win these days, but I hate those people. I'm determined never to be one, so I'd resist a frivolous lawsuit, I think, since there was no actual damage done to me. But I'd sure make sure everyone knew what brand of cola it was that I'd found meat in.

3. sozocoffee profile image66
    sozocoffeeposted 3 years ago

Yikes..I am Vegan..and I don't know if I would ever mentally recover from that incident!  I hope she is compensated for medical bills etc...and also the company is pressed to ensure that this sort of neglect in their product and in the packaging and sanity of their facility never happens again.

4. junkseller profile image87
    junksellerposted 3 years ago

If you look closely enough at anything in life you will find it is pretty disgusting.There are pieces of stuff in everything we eat and drink. Just because we don't normally see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

And while there is no reason to accept negligence, this sounds like a simple case of life. If people don't want to encounter life, then they should live in a bubble.

Otherwise, meat happens, get over it.

5. Penny G profile image74
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I would throw up and and made a very big public tadoo out of it. Call the media, because I don't eat meat!

working