I am over and under on my home loan.

1. profile image58
    Bob needs helpposted 15 months ago

I am over and under on my home loan.

I owe more for my home than what it is worth with an adjustable rate morgage up in June. No one will refinance us because we have no equity in are home. I am tring to get a loan for a new home which is very likely. Is that a good idea I will have to walk away from old house if loan goes thru

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 15 months ago

Talk to the lender about arranging a short sale in lieu of foreclosure. They sell the house and ask you to pay the difference between what it sold for and what you owe.
    The benefits of this are:
    * doesn't hurt credit as much as a foreclosure
    * a planned short sale will likely bring more money than a foreclosure fire sale
    * you can try to find a buyer and plan when you move
    * if you have a short sale and owe money at the end, it is more likely to be negotiable instead of them suing you for the difference and they may be willing to settle. This is a maybe. You'll certainly prevent extra legal fees tacked onto the amount owed because of foreclosure.
    * If you say you can't pay and ask for a short sale, they may be willing to work with you to refinance payments.

3. profile image58
    Bob needs helpposted 15 months ago

I hAve never been late on a payment and I heard they won't do it unless you have missed payment. Also I won't be abe to afford  paying the house off with another house payment.

working