jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (18 posts)

What you making for the Super Bowl?

1. PeterKlibs profile image56
    PeterKlibsposted 7 years ago

What are you guys making for the Super Bowl, I have not been able to decide.

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years agoin reply to this

we're going cajun style shrimp, wings, fresh veggies, red beans and rice, coronas... corn bread sticks.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

hot wings with carrots and celery and ranch dressing, shrimp because some people like that, pepperoni puffs, which are like mini pizza puffs with pepperoni inside, and a cheese and meat tray so people can make their own little sandwiches if they want. of course the usual chips and beer smile

and chocolate chip cookies.

2. wavegirl22 profile image42
    wavegirl22posted 7 years ago

i just put up 3 bean chilli! and we baked the cutest cake with a football field on it. . .of course i hid in the decoration a little NYG  .. but it is a Saints-Colts piece of work!

1. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Can I come over ? Or are you snowed in ?

3. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 7 years ago

someone else is doin the cooking today. I will be responsible for eating and consuming beers ! big_smile

4. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

I'm excited. big_smile there's just something about cheering during a super bowl game. that little cake sounds like a cute idea.

5. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

My son is cooking dinner for a school project.  We are not going to any parties.  I won't even watch it, well, in this rare case - maybe the commercials lol

6. PeterKlibs profile image56
    PeterKlibsposted 7 years ago

Wow, that all sounds awesome. I'm a sucker for chilli and Cajun shrimp. I think I'll be making some guacamole for my roommates.

7. Flightkeeper profile image75
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

I'll be making my way to a sports bar where we'll root for the Saints.smile

8. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

http://th184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/TheTastyGreek/Black%20History%20Month/weird-people-fat-guy-eating-huge-ha.jpg

I dunno, maybe a burger?

9. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

omg Ron! that could feed the team, or at least the cheerleaders!

dessert, wish I could find some beingnets.

I guess I'll put a fleur de lis design on cupcakes.

getting my New Orleans memorabilia out for good luck.

10. girly_girl09 profile image81
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

I'm spending the evening with some friends and have been preparing quite the feast! The food is the best part of the superbowl! My friend is hosting at his place and I offered to do the cooking for him. I've totally taken over his kitchen. big_smile We'll probably have 12-15 very hungry football fans over tonight.

Fresh margaritas by the pitcher full. Traditional lime for the guys and strawberry for the ladies. We have 5 kinds of ice cold beer, plus whatever people bring. Tons of baked nachos (I have the baking sheets ready and will bake them on demand so they're hot). Hot wings that have been cooking in a huge crock pot, bbq wings in another crockpot. Also grilling tons of mini burgers for sliders. Plus some hot artichoke dip and of course we'll get delivery pizza. Carrot and celery sticks for me. lol

For dessert I made cupcakes with footballs on them and cookies shaped like footballs.

I hate football but love to cook for everyone!!! I didn't even know who was playing until last night....shhhh! LOL

Phew....gotta get back to cooking hahaha

1. flread45 profile image80
      flread45posted 7 years agoin reply to this
  11. jimmythejock profile image88
    jimmythejockposted 7 years ago

I will be making my bed, the superbowl is on far to late for me in Scotland although I would love to see just what all the fuss is about lol.....jimmy
    ps Saints to win by 20 points

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years agoin reply to this

jimmy, it's just tradition. even people who never watch football love watching this game. the food is a big deal, it's a fun time to socialize and cheer, it's more than about football itself.
      I do watch it, but not a fanatic, but I'll be one tonight cuz I love new orleans and would LOVE to see them win.

12. flread45 profile image80
    flread45posted 7 years ago

Shrimp,cocktail sauce,celery sticks smothered in peanut butter,nachos smothered with deer sausage,jalapeno"s and melted cheese ,bean dip,onion dip and Bud Light with Tomato Juice.

Are you full yet????????? smile

13. rkhyclak profile image60
    rkhyclakposted 7 years ago

I ended up making s'more brownies, broccoli and carrot slaw and bacon cheddar pinwheels. We're also having wings, sliders and a ton of snacks.

working