jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What entree goes well with Matzo Ball Soup?

1. aimeeSF profile image73
    aimeeSFposted 7 years ago

My husband and I are going to have a little reunion today with my ex-roommates and neighbors tonight!  I haven't seen them in about a month, so we're excited to hang out and catch up.  We decided to cook food and have a little potluck for dinner.

My ex-roommate is making Matzo Ball soup.  So my question is... what goes well with this?  The first time I even tasted it was 8 months ago when she first moved in, but my culinary experience include Filipino and American dishes because of my family background.

My ex-roommates and neighbors who are Jewish don't keep kosher, so I guess it can be anything that compliments her soup.  Any ideas?  I have no clue what to bring/make :p

1. Greek One profile image74
      Greek Oneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

http://citymama.typepad.com/citymamasstuff/images/2008/09/16/wildturkey101.jpg

1. aimeeSF profile image73
        aimeeSFposted 7 years agoin reply to this

LOL :-)

One of them is already bringing the liquor, so we would just need to bring actual food to soak up some of that liquor ;-P

1. Greek One profile image74
          Greek Oneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

whether or not alcohol is considered food just depends on how much of it you drink.

I always bring dessert to a dinner party.  That way if the food sucks, at least I know there is something good coming down the pipe

2. profile image53
      Eddy Browningposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Herb encrusted Lamb Chops are ideal with Matzo Soup!  Good eating!

2. Buck Steiner profile image59
    Buck Steinerposted 7 years ago

I apologize that was probably in bad taste...maybe

3. saddlerider1 profile image69
    saddlerider1posted 7 years ago

gefilte fish or roasted chicken maybe. Since Motzaball soup is a Jewish soup...the fish or chicken should blend nicely and the Wild turkey to wash it all down. hah.

working