jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)

There is a little bit of milk or soup left in your bowl, will you pick it up and

1. rutley profile image74
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

There is a little bit of milk or soup left in your bowl, will you pick it up and drink it?

I would, and I do.  Some think I'm a scrounge and unmannerly when I do this.  Only in my own home of course!

2. Joelipoo profile image83
    Joelipooposted 6 years ago

For soup I would pick it up and drink it at home only.  I don't have milk with my cereal, so I couldn't do it with that.

3. YvetteParker profile image74
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Definitely pick it up and drink from the bowl at home. But out in public, I would spoon all that I could before giving it a rest!

4. profile image0
    stessilyposted 6 years ago

Any place except home I would use my spoon cuz I'm pretty adept at cornering those last drops of milk or soup. I can't rule out drinking from a bowl at home but I don't know when I last did that. Thanks for reminding me of that lost art.

5. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

At home, sure I would pick up the bowl and drink what's left. Why waste food/milk? In public it's a different story. It's not polite to do so in public. smile

6. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
    Daughter Of Maatposted 6 years ago

Absolutely, I've been know to lick the bowl like a dog if it's that tasty! In the privacy of my own home of course!

7. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

At home, anything goes to get that last bite, but in public I would use a spoon.  It is likely astonishing the things we do at home when no one is looking!

8. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure that's why that bread's sitting on my plate................

9. Sparklea profile image74
    Sparkleaposted 6 years ago

I use a spoon.  I remember telling my kids NOT to pick it up and drink it. However,  My grown daughter came for lunch the other day and she drank the rest of her soup!  Right or wrong, who knows, I'll have to google the etiquette side of it smile   Two of my soup bowls have handles, so maybe it's okay?  Good question!  I'm having soup for lunch today, so I'll ponder. smile

10. Gloshei profile image60
    Glosheiposted 6 years ago

No I always manage to get every drop out anyway. That's what your bread is for.

11. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

12. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 6 years ago

Yeah at home and when I am out ask for a cup of soup then you can drink it. Normally I am not known to eat much.

13. daedrea profile image58
    daedreaposted 6 years ago

I would pick it up and drink it (soup,cereal). If I am in public, I will most likely try to use a spoon and get the rest or just leave it. It can be really time consuming and frustrating to get that little bit of milk or soup left.

14. Bravo Lelouch profile image58
    Bravo Lelouchposted 6 years ago

of course if that only limits to the area of the house..

15. shara63 profile image68
    shara63posted 6 years ago

not at home only but outside home too, i'll do the same & everybody shud do the same.... why to waste food.even a bit ?...every grain of food & every drop of milk/water is precious dear....ask the value of food grain from people of Somalia & such other countries where people are starving for the lack of food and other aminities...we shud be always thankfull to the Almighty for he has blessed us with bountyfull of food & other things for our livelyhood...and we must show Him our respect by respecting these the bounties He has blessed with only ...!

16. Keri Summers profile image81
    Keri Summersposted 6 years ago

I agree that it is wasteful not to, and it would frustrate me not to be able to finish a bowl of something in public.  But at home, I will warn my husband first that I'm going to do this in case he is shocked by my unladylike behaviour!  Although I think he's given up on me being ladylike by now.  I need three hours notice to get into ladylike mode.

17. kayyluh profile image78
    kayyluhposted 6 years ago

At home I definitly would, not so much at a resteraunt haha!