For those of you who thought goat meat is tough, I've got a receipe that makes the goat meat melt in your mouth! This is my all time comfort food. Great when served with some really good bread or home made pulka (recipe will follow if I receive enough interest for this article)
1 lb goat meat cubed and rubbed with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp turmeric powder
2-3 tbl olive oil
1 stick cinnammon broken in small 1/2" pieces
5-6 black cardamom giant pods
2 bay leaves
jaggery (or pure cane sugar)
2 large onions peeled
1 red bell pepper
1" ginger peeled
6-8 large cloves of garlic
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1/2 cup plain non-fat yougurt
2-4 jalepeno peppers (depending on how fiery you want it)
1 lemon's juice
just enough water to make a rough mixture
Add the goat meat and some water and cook in pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles, pour into another bowl including the water and set aside. Clean the pressure cooker.
In a pressure cooker
1. Add oil, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, cardamom pods. Heat on medium until spices turn a little dark.
2. Add the ground mixture and cook on medium heat until spoon when drawing a line through the center leaves a line which does not close very quickly.
3. Add the cooked goat meat and a little more water if necessary and cook without the cover for another 15-20 minutes.
4. Add a little jaggery (or pure cane sugar about a tbl worth) and some more lemon juice depending on your taste.
5. Add more salt as per your taste.
Serve with good slices of french or italian bread or my favorite indian pulke and ofcourse lemon/lime squeezed slices of onion!
I'm a newbie and learning to hub. When I figure out how to do this I'll do it.
Thank you for any help.
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.