- Food and Cooking
Low Carb/High Protein Pasta (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Lose weight and eat comfort food!
That's right! You don't have to suffer to be beautiful. Stop at the first step for chick pea polenta or follow through to make pasta. You can also cut this dough into squares, instead of strips, and fry it to make panelle; which is a staple food that originated in Palermo Italy. Take two pieces of panelle and make a sandwich with it. It's so good in any shape you choose to make it. Eat it naked or dress it up with tomato or pesto sauce. Everybody's an honorary Italian in the Global Villa tonight! Benvenuti!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease tray with no calorie non stick spray
- 1 cup chick pea flour
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup black or white truffle oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed basil
- Put all ingredients in pot (except chick pea flour) and simmer on medium heat
- Slowly whisk in chick pea flour until batter is smooth
- It does not need to boil
- Pour batter onto greased tray and let cool
- Cut into strips and bake at 350 for 20 minutes
- Pour sauce over noodles and enjoy
- Wrap leftover noodles into bird nests and let dry before storing
This Is How It's Done! XO
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.