How to slice a mango easily to make a delicious Green Smoothie
How to slice a Mango easily then enjoy it in my delicious Green Smoothie Recipe
Mangoes in smoothies, mangoes in salads, mangoes as a snack - I love them; but oh how I hate to remove the pit and slice them up!
Around the pit, the fruit is particularly kind of slippery and sometimes fibrous and I end up with hacked up bits of fruit and lots juice squished every where except where it's supposed to be.
Well, my Christmas prezzie to me was a Mango Wedger - expensive and I wasn't sure how well it would work; but I needed to give this kitchen toy a try!
Oh delicious healthy Mango!
The UK's climate is too cold to grow mangoes; but luckily for us they're imported here, so we're able to enjoy this delicious healthy fruit.
I know the carbon footprint is an issue; but I'm just grateful that I am able to add mangoes to my diet for a boost of healthy nutrients.
Nutrients such as Vitamin C, Phosphorus, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Iron, Zinc, Vitamins A and B, as well as a good source of fibre.
See what I mean?
Mango Wedger - it works like magic!
My Mango Wedger:
- Has strong handles on either side with the metal frame being sharp enough to slide over the pit of the mango easily, cutting through the fruit.
- Has a handy plastic case as you can see in the pic above that fits over the metal frame - protection for sharpness of the frame.
- Sliced the fruit into 4 wedges so easily
- Is perfect for small to medium mangoes - which is exactly the size of the mangoes I find here in England. I think this probably won't fit over the pit of large mangoes.
- I love the good quality feel of this Wedger and I know it's going to last me a long time - (it's not a cheap flimsy thing)
This is the Mango Wedger I bought
Wonderful quality piece of kitchen equipment - I'm so glad I treated myself to this.
Everybody needs one of these! This was my treat to me. Good quality and slices up my mangoes beautifully.
Read and Research EVERYTHING wisely and widely
Then decide for yourself what works for YOU!
Philosophy of Barbs @ Synchronicity House
So, got your Mango and Mango Wedger ready? Now this is what you do ...
Remove the skin from the Mango
Using a veg peeler is the answer here!
Use your vegetable peeler to peel your Mango.
It removes the skin so easily and thinly - you don't want to lose any of the delicious fruit!
Stand your Mango upright
Cut a bit off to keep it upright
I cut a bit off the bottom of the mango so it's able to stand upright - just makes it easier to centre the Mango Wedger over it.
Find the pit of your Mango
The trickiest part is to work out where the pit is in the mango! And centre the Wedger over it.
Mango Wedger slices effortlessly
So easy ...
The metal frame is strong and sharp enough on the Wedger to slice easily through the fruit and over the pit.
You won't believe how easy this is!
Voila! Neatly pitted and sliced
Mango Wedger slicing a Mango
Pitted and sliced
There you have it - my Mango is pitted and the pieces ready to be sliced neatly to be eaten as a snack or in salads, smoothies or cooking.
All thanks to this handy little kitchen tool
This the Mango Wedger I have - well worth the money. It's made peeling Mangoes a doddle!
A Recipe for you to enjoy
Mango neatly sliced and ready, but I can't leave without sharing one of my favourite Green Smoothie Recipes:
Berry Mango Green Smoothie Recipe
Ingredients for my delicious Berry Mango Green Smoothie
Put the ingredients into a blender
Green Smoothies are so delicious
It's healthy, it's delicious, it's sugar free, it's preservative free ...
It's handmade by you ............. you choose exactly what goes into your creation!
And I promise you won't even taste the green leaves you've added.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1 or 2
- 1 Mango
- 1 cup Frozen Mixed Berries (or fresh Berries if they're in season)
- 1 Romaine Lettuce or any green leaves of your choice
- 1/2 cup water to start with (more water if you prefer a thinner smoothie)
Instructions for Berry Mango Green Smoothie
- * Peel and pit the Mango - use your magic mango wedger to do this easily
- * Add the pieces of mango and mixed berries and romaine lettuce to a blender.
- * Add the water and blend it all up. Check the consistency of the smoothie; if it's too thick, add more water and whizz it up again. I don't like my smoothie too thick so tend to add about a glass of water.
- Pour into a pretty glass and enjoy this healthy delicious drink.
- It's that quick and easy!