Lemon Poppy Seed Cake (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
The sweet smell wafting from your kitchen will make everyone want to kiss the cook! This dessert brings lots o' love and no love handles. Protein flours and a hint of lemon are combined to make this sweet-tart recipe for your sweetheart. FYI, it packs up quick and travels easy for a romantic picnic or a party at a friend's house.
Let them covet your mini-cakes on display!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray mini-cake dish or oven safe bowl with olive/canola or no calorie non-stick spray
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons teff flour
- 2 tablespoons garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 cup truvia
- 1 tablespoon flax meal or one mashed banana
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Optional: zest of one lemon
- Mix ingredients and place bowl in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- Let cool
- Eat out of the bowl or flip it out onto plate, slice and share!
Make Your Own Home-Made Vanilla Extract To Use In This Recipe
- (Click Here) > For The Recipe
It's easy and a good staple to have in your kitchen!
This Is How It's Done! XO
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
What's best in this recipe