- Food and Cooking»
How To Make Coffee With A French Press
Making Coffee With A French Press Is Easy
It really is easy! We recently purchased a small to medium-sized Bodum Chambord French Press and quickly mastered how to make a good cup of coffee. It is a simple device that still produces a good cup. Both my husband AND my house guests were suitably impressed with the results. On this page you will find the simple steps that we took to make a delicious cup using our new coffee maker, a number of simple videos that provide insights into using a French Press and a number of links to other great resources.
Using Your French Press Coffee Maker - Video instructions. It's so easy even a monkey could do it...
Using your French Press really is so simple that a monkey could do it...well, I honestly do not know if a monkey could make it but this monkey demonstrates in just 30 seconds HOW easy it is to use your Bodum Chambord French Press. This short Youtube video is from Bodum.
- 1 Tablespoon of Coarsely Ground Coffee
- Per 4 Ounces of Water
- Begin by REMOVING the plunger mechanism and putting 1 tablespoon of coarsely ground coffee for each serving in the glass container.
- Bring your water to a boil in your kettle and then let the water cool for two minutes.
- Add the water to your grounds, making sure to leave an inch at the top empty.
- Put the cover and plunger on your glass beaker, leaving the plunger UP. Close the spout opening.
- After five minutes, carefully depress the plunger to push your filter through the water and the grounds to the bottom of the container. (This time can be adjusted according to how strong you like your brew.)
- Open the spout and pour your coffee. Extra should be removed from the beaker or it may become bitter.
Prep Time: 1 Minute.
Total Time: Less than 10 minutes.
Serves: Depends on size of your French Press.
How To Make Coffee With Your French Press
This video, from Parisi Coffee, is a little more in depth than the one shown above and shares a couple of great 'secrets.' If you really want to master your French Press, this video will help.
Our Bodum French Press
We purchased a three-cup Bodum, which will serve my husband nicely when we are home alone. (I do not drink coffee.) It allows for three smallish cups. These instructions, however, will work for ANY size bodum.
Bodum Young Press French Press
This is the French Press that Bodum used in the video shown above. It is called the Young Press and we like it because it is designed to be shock resistant. You can pack it in your bag and not worry about it arriving safely at your destination. It brews 1 liter or 34 ounces of coffee and comes in this attractive red and black combination.
How To Clean Your French Press?
Why does it always seem to be that coffee equals mess? I have seen numerous methods for cleaning your French Press that run the gamut from pouring the wet grinds onto your rose bushes to flushing them down the toilet. However, the method that we like is to run them through a small strainer, like the strainer shown here. That is an easy way to separate the grounds from the water and then you can dispose of them as you wish be that in the garbage, the compost or on the flower bed.
More French Press Information
- How to Make Wonderful Coffee in a French Press(cafetiere)
Despite the fact that the French Press is very simple, it makes a good cup of "joe."
- CoffeeGeek - How to Use a Press Pot
Learn a bit more about the French Press in order to use it to full advantage.
- How to Make French Press Coffee | eHow
How a glass jar and a plunger make a good cup of brew.
More Coffee Information
- THE WORLD OF COFFEE: Your Complete Coffee Resource
A resource page from which you will find information about coffee, including but not limited to coffee beans, mugs and how tos.
- How Should I Store Coffee Beans?
Find out the best way to store your coffee beans.
- Should We Ban Paper Coffee Cups From The Face Of The...
BAN PAPER COFFEE CUPS! Whilst I might agree that sometimes there is a place for paper cups and plastic lids, I truly do believe that WHENEVER POSSIBLE coffee should be drank from a mug that can be washed and REUSED. But ban paper coffee cups...
- Perky Coffee Costume Ideas
Do you love your coffee enough to wear a coffee themed costume?
Coffee Gift Ideas
- The 12 Days of Christmas Starbucks Gift Ideas (2014)
You are going to love the twelve days of Christmas Starbucks gift ideas showcased on this page!
- The Best Coffee Calendars
Coffee plays a very important part of the every day life of many North Americans so it only makes sense that you might want to choose a coffee themed calendar. On this page, you will find a small selection of the best 2014 coffee calendars. The...
- What Is Kopi Luwak Coffee?
If you've heard of Kopi Luwak but don't quite know what it is...find out here.
- I LOVE COFFEE MUGS on Pinterest
If you love coffee mugs, too, you might also want to follow I LOVE COFFEE MUGS on Pinterest.
- Novelty Drinking Mugs: Coffee Mugs That Are Too Much...
If you're looking for an unusual coffee mug, you won't want to miss the collection on this page of novelty drinking mugs.
- Vintage Taylor and Ng Coffee Mugs
Some of these vintage Taylor and Ng coffee mugs will make you smile!
- The Best New Peanuts Coffee Mugs
Peanut fans will love these brand-new coffee mugs, which feature Charlie Brown, Snoopy and a few of the other members of the Peanuts gang.
- Doctor Who Disappearing Tardis Coffee Mug
If you love Doctor Who, you will simply have to have this Doctor Who Coffee mug, whether or not you even drink coffee. This is simply one of the BEST Doctor Who products available
How Do You Make Your Coffee?
How Do You Make Your Coffee?
© 2011 Treasures By Brenda