- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Christmas Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
Turning an Old Standard Cookie Recipe into Christmas Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are my husband's favorite cookies so, of course, our Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe must be included in the holiday baking.
I use my mother's recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, but I have pulled out my treasure trove of cookie cutters to make the traditional, nondescript cookie into a pretty Christmas cookie.
I did not change the recipe, I just changed the presentation.
Making the Traditionally Plain, Exceptionally Beautiful!
Ingredients for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup Softened Butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 cups Quaker 3-minute Oats
- 1 cup Raisins
- Pre-heat the Oven to 375°
- Beat together Butter, Brown Sugar, Sugar and Egg until well blended
- Stir in Vanilla
- Add All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Quaker Oats. Stir together until well mixed.
- Stir in Raisins
- By hand, pat out part of the mixture onto a plate or onto wax paper
- Using the cookie cutters, cut out cookies and lay on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for 8 or 9 minutes
Note: Do not overcook. Cookies will be soft when you first remove them from the oven and will harden as they cool.
Photos of Mixing IngredientsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Candy Cane, Gingerbread Man, Train, Star, Rocking Horse, Angel and Santa Boot Cookies
Cookie Cutters - For these cookies, it is best to use metal or hard plastic cutters
Photos of Individual CookiesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Candy Cane, Gingerbread Man, Train, Christmas Tree, Rocking Horse,Teddy Bear and Little Angel Cookies
© 2010 Cynthia Sylvestermouse