- Food and Cooking
Peppermint St. Patty's Shake (Vegan, Gluten Free)
A healthy St. Patty's Shake for teetotalers and party guests alike.
Saint Patty's day is more than just a day when people drink green beer. It's also a day where people choose to celebrate the religious Saint Patrick, Irish culture and the coming of Spring. It's befitting that the celebrants honor this day by displaying the color green prominently as if mimicking nature. Some folks like to celebrate Saint Patrick's day all month long and this recipe should keep you feeling fresh for the festivities. Responsible consumers of alcoholic beverages can enjoy this recipe spiked and designated drivers can enjoy it straight up. Enjoy this quick, tasty, thick mint chocolate shake for breakfast. This dessert for breakfast drink is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, protein and fiber. This meal replacement drink is only 160 calories! And yes, you can add Gluten Free Vodka and green food coloring if you're having a party and you want something festive.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp truvia
- 1/4 tsp mint extract
- 1/8 tsp butter flavored extract
- 1/2 tsp chocolate powder
- 3 ice cubes
- Blend until Smooth and enjoy!
- P.S. You can put a little G-Free vodka in there and some green food coloring for your party! ;)
- You can also substitute sugar for Truvia or you can use 4 drops of liquid Stevia or 1 packet of powdered stevia per glass.