Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
We all know that cupcakes come in a large variety of flavours ranging from the 'regular' butterscotch, chocolate and vanilla to the slightly more unusual flavours like red velvet. On this page, I you will find a yummy red velvet cupcake recipe. I think that these cupcakes are fun because they are a delicious treat and they are somewhat less ordinary.
Have You Ever Had One?
Have You Ever Had A Red Velvet Cupcake?
Prep Time: 20
Total Time: 40 - 45 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups of flour (all purpose)
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar (splenda half blend works also)
- 1 teaspoon all purpose baking soda
- 1 teaspoon regular table salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Hersheys cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 2 large eggs also at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon of white distilled vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- The first step is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in both cupcake pans or, if you prefer, grease the cupcake pans.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, carefully sift flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt. Find a large mixing bowl and gently beat together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food colouring, vinegar, and vanilla. Combine both wet and dry ingredients and mix until smooth
- Fill each cupcake spot until 2/3 full. Place cupcake baking dish in the oven for about 20 to 22 minutes. You can turn the pans once, halfway through the baking time. Make sure the cupcakes are completely cooked by inserting a toothpick and seeing if it comes out clean.
- Take the cupcakes out of the oven and let them completely cool before adding your favourite frosting.
Red Velvet Cupcake Recipes Video
A Cupcake Holder or Carrier - A must have in the kitchen if you like to bake these little cakes!
Imagine you are going to party at a friends house. This involves hours in the kitchen slaving over the stove to make your famous cupcakes, mixing all ingredients carefully, watching the oven constantly and then spend even longer making the cupcakes look pretty. After you have the perfect batch of cupcakes you place them in the car and head out to show off your little taste of heaven and work of art. Then it happens, about a mile from your destination you slam on your breaks, because some idiot does not know how to drive. In an instant all of your yummy cupcakes lie on the floorboard or even worse all off your leather in the backseat of the car. The sad thing if you would have put your cupcakes in the Progressive International Collapsible Cupcake and Cake Carrier. this would have never happened. I like this cupcake holder because it will hold up to 24 cupcakes and more importantly I can use it for my cakes as well.
Whipped Cream Cream Cheese Frosting - This whipped cream cheese frosting is the perfect icing.
- 1 12 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 8 ozs cream cheese
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Grab a small bowl and beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set the whipping cream aside.
- In a larger bowl combine cream cheese, cinnamon, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth, fold in whipping cream.
- Let the frosting set for about 10 minutes and then spread it on your red velvet cupcakes.
For your sweet tooth.
You’ll love seeing all of the great recipes on this index page.
The best-ever banana bread recipe. We've been making (and eating) it for more than 16 years!
Love chocolate? How about brownies? If you are looking for the best brownie recipe, you will find it here.
Why should you eat carrot cake? How about because it is a great source of fiber, vitamins, nuts and other nutrients?
Believe it or not, I stumbled upon this recipe in a quick search of the internet.
Lets talk cupcakes.