- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes
Refreshing, Versatile, Summer Time Drink That Will Please the Whole Family!
Rate This Recipe!
Finally, A Summer Time Drink that the Whole Family Will Enjoy!
If you are looking for a refreshing, versatile, summer time drink that the whole family can enjoy from picky toddlers to finicky grandparents, you must look no further!
This drink will bring back memories of with the redolent freshly squeezed orange juice; it will also bring back memories of swinging on the porch swing with a freshly squeezed glass of lemonade! This drink has it all! Sunday breakfast
Juice can not only be refreshing, but it is also good for you! Try this recipe will all of the healthy pulp too! If you are allergic to any of the ingredients, just substitute your favorite fruit (strawberries, watermelon, or blueberries would work well!) If you don't like grapefruits, or you need to avoid it with your prescription medications, you can substitute one or two more oranges instead of the grapefruit.
A Drink that is Easy to Please the Toughest Critics!
- 1 small-medium size grapefruit, skin removed
- 4-6 medium size oranges, skin removed
- 1 small lime, skin removed
- 1 small lemon, skin removed
- 5 cups ice
- 1 cup sugar (or substitute)
- 1 gallon favorite bottled water, chilled
- Optional 1.5 ounces favorite spirit, for beverage drinkers 21 and older
Quick and Easy Directions!
- Cut the grapefruit, oranges, lime, and lemon in half.
- Cut the citrus fruit in half again, and one more time into small sections.
- Remove the skin from the grapefruit and oranges. Remove any seeds as well.
- Remove the skin from the lemon and lime. If not possible to remove, squeeze juice and remove as much pulp as possible using a fork and add to blender/ juicer.
- The secret to remove the most juice from the lemon and lime is to roll them for a few minutes prior to squeezing.
- Add all fruit into your blender (to keep the most pulp) or add to juicer.
- To make one single serving of 8oz. juice, mix 6oz of water to 2 oz of pulp and juice; add one tablespoon of sugar (or substitute- honey works well too! ) Add 1/2 cup of ice and shake; pour into your favorite glass!
- To make a multitude of servings for a group, mix one gallon of water to 1/2 gallon of pulp and juice; add one cup of sugar. Add 2 cups of ice and shake; pour into your favorite glass!
- To make an adult beverage version for partakers the age of 21 or older, make a one serving size of juice; strain into your favorite glass and add one shot (1 and a half ounce of your favorite liquor (vodka, rum, or a flavored liquor would work well!)
One 8oz. glass of Refreshing, Versatile Summer Time Drink Without Alcohol
|Serving size: 8 oz.|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 12 g||4%|
|Sugar 10 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|