How To Make A Spider Cupcake For Halloween
Making Spider Cupcakes Can Be As Easy Or As Difficult As You Want It To Be
Making spider cupcakes can be as easy or as difficult as you want it to be. If you are so inclined, you can be a real artist and make beautiful, edible works of art or you can just have fun, letting your two-year old or your teens decorate the cupcakes in whatever manner they seem fit, making works of art of different kind.
On this page you will NOT find a cupcake recipe because the focus is on making the cupcakes look like spiders. You WILL find our simple method for creating spiders and you will find lots of links to other amateur and professional spider cupcake decorators.
Our inspiration for spider cupcakes was taken from the cookbook, . If you are looking for an interesting Halloween themed cookbook to use with your children, I can recommend it.Now, on to the spiders. This page is definitely a creepy, crawly page but one of the very tasty sort. Ghoulish Goodies: Creature Feature Cupcakes, Monster Eyeballs, Bat Wings, Funny Bones, Witches' Knuckles, and Much More
Our Spider Cupcakes
Our Spider Cupcakes Were A Lot Of Fun...Click thumbnail to view full-size
Easy Spider Cupcake Toppers
How We Made Our Spider Cupcakes
These instructions are totally up to your interpretation.)
These cupcakes are easy to make and fun for your children, teenagers or even adults to decorate. A wonderful 'craft' idea for a Halloween or buggy birthday party that is fun to do and delicious to eat, too!Your cupcakes and frosting can be any combination of vanilla and chocolate although if you are looking for a dark, spooky Halloween spider, you will want to choose chocolate.
- CUPCAKES: Have your cupcakes made and cooled. I recommend letting them cool for at least an hour.
- ICING: Have your icing ready to go. It can be either your favorite icing recipe or purchased frosting.
- CANDY DECORATIONS: We used red or black sprinkles to cover the body of our cupcakes.We used jelly beans, cut in half, for the eyes but of course you could use any smallish, roundish candy like M&Ms, or Skittles.The legs are made from licorice strings cut into short lengths. We had black although we felt that red would have been better on the red cupcake.
- ASSEMBLY: To assemble your spiders, simply ice the cupcakes, insert four pieces of licorice on each side and two candies on top of the cupcake.Couldn't be simpler!
More Spider Cupcake Recipes and Decorating Ideas
- How to Make Spider Cupcakes: 7 steps - wikiHow
Cupcakes are fun as a kid to decorate... especially when there's massive amounts of candy to decorate with and eat. Making spider cupcakes are the best for a Halloween party or a fun project with treats.
- How to Make Scary Spider Cupcakes | eHow.com
How to Make Scary Spider Cupcakes. Decorating for Halloween parties is always fun! Make the best of yummy food and cute decorations with these scary spider cupcakes. Use them for a party at home or at school for the kids!
- How to Make Spider Cupcakes | eHow.com
I know this is not the time of year for these spider cupcakes, but Halloween will be here before we know it. You'll be well prepared for that big Halloween bash with these creepy yet delicious spider cupcakes. Go ahead make them early, freak the kids
- Spider Cupcakes Recipe on Allrecipes.com
Heatherly Noble's recipe on all recies "are a huge hit with kids!"
- Spider Cakes From Not Martha
Making attempts at cooking, knitting and homemaking, and keeping track of lessons learned the hard way.
- Spider Cupcakes from Taste of Home
Spooky Spider Cupcakes are creepy-and easy! Make a chocolate cupcake into a spider by adding a half-marshmallow "body" under the frosting, licorice legs and mini M&M eyes. Add chocolate sprinkles for a "hairy" effect.
- Sweet! Spider Cupcakes Birthday Cake Design From Parenting.com
Sweet! How to make a spider critters birthday cake with chocolate truffles. Easy, step-by-step recipe, diagrams and pictures
- Scary Spiderweb Cupcakes From Betty Crocker
Perfect for a Halloween party, these rich, chocolaty cupcakes are fun to make.
- TLC Cooking Spider Cupcakes
Make the best Spider Cupcakes with this easy recipe. Find thousands of free, expert-tested, printable recipes on HowStuffWorks.com
- Miss Spider Cupcakes on Nickjr.
Fans of the Miss Spider books by David Kirk will love these spider cupcakes.
- Charlotte's Web Cupcakes to Celebrate Friendship!
These cupcakes were inspired by one of the best children's books of all time… Charlotte's Web. Remember the first time you read this book?
- Spider and Other Creepy Creature Cupcakes By Martha Stewart
This Halloween, watch what you eat in case what you eat is watching you...Close encounters of the sweet kind are coming soon to a kitchen near you.
- Paris Pastry: Halloween: Spider Cupcakes
Spider Cupcakes. Yes these are so cute, they can even put a smile on my face when I have a sore throat like today. They are quit easy to make.
More Halloween Reading
Halloween Cupcake Apron
- Martha Stewart Halloween Magazine Index
Over the last several years I have created this index of Martha Stewart Halloween magazines. No one else does Halloween as well as Martha!
- A Clowder of Black Cat Coffee Mugs
Black Cat Appreciation Day is August 17. The day was created in 2011 to help eliminate superstitions about black cats and to help them be adopted.Whether or not you are able to own a black cat, you may love them, as I do.You can celebrate black cats.
- Have A Disney Halloween
Those who love Disney are especially excited about the idea of a Disney Halloween. On this page, find a few ideas and some great resources to help you celebrate a Disney Halloween this year.
- Eat Drink and Be Scary: Black Halloween Table Decor
Looking for some BLACK inspirations for your Halloween tablescape? Find some scary ideas right here!
- Ghoulish Goodies: Easy Halloween Recipes
You can search online for hours and find an endless source of halloween recipes with pictures or you can spend just ten dollars and buy a hauntingly frightful cookbook like Ghoulish Goodies: Creature Feature Cupcakes, Monster Eyeballs, Bat Wings,...
More Cupcake Reading
- Tupperware's Rectangular Cake and Cupcake Taker
If you are a baker who regularly needs to transport cakes or cupcakes, the Tupperware Rectangular Cake and Cupcake Taker will make your life a whole lot easier. Another top-quality product by Tupperware, this cake taker is perfect for transporting...
- The Best-Ever Lemon Cupcakes Recipe Adventure Story
The Lemon Cupcake recipe from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes cookbook is absolutely amazing. On this page, you will find the lemon cupcake recipe and my story.My story actually starts with Martha Stewart's Mile High Lemon Meringue Pie. I have made...
- WHICH IS BETTER A CUPCAKE OR A COOKIE?
By now we are sure that you have heard how trendy cupcakes have become but have you heard the recent rumour that cookies are making inroads into the territory that cupcakes are currently holding? That cookies may become the new cupcakes?What do you..
- Crazy About Cupcakes? Tie on a Cupcake Apron!
Who needs to be told what a cupcake is? If you live in North America, you know that a cupcake is a single-serving sized cake with frosting and/or decorations. If you live in other parts of the world, like the United Kingdom, you may know these...
- If You Give A Cat A Cupcake Book by Laura Numeroff
If You Give A Cat A Cupcake is the 2008 If You Give A... series book written by Laura Numeroff and illustrated by Felicia Bond. If you loved the first book, called If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, you're going to love the zany adventures in If You Give.
"This Halloween, watch what you eat in case
what you eat is watching you..."
~ Martha Stewart