- Food and Cooking
Sweet Healthy Chocolate Topped Cookies
I Love Cookies
I have a sweet tooth and I love Cookies. I've always loved Cookies. So when I found out I was diabetic, I just had to find a way to make sweet cookies without sugar, honey, molasses, rice syrup, maple syrup, etc. I didn't want to use artificial sweeteners like saccharin, aspartame, or sucralose or "sugar alcohols" like sorbital or maltitol and xylitol didn't work for me (when I eat xylitol, and too much of other sugar alcohols, I get lesions in my mouth, but I digress).
Enter Stevia. My medical practitioner recommended stevia. I read about stevia in several of the health newsletters I read and a few of the books I was reading. Stevia comes from a tea and is manufactured in South America. It's quite sweet and, while I've been through many types, I found a powder that I use more than most right now. But you'll have to find your own stevia and figure out how much of it you need (that's why in the recipe I say "equivalent to so-and-so quantity of sugar").
Cookie Recipes from Amazon
I've been a vegan for many years and I've developed a number of recipes for cookies. This is one of my favorites.
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 3 hours
- Ready in: 3 hours 15 min
- Yields: Makes 16 cookies
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond "milk", (unsweetened original or vanilla)
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter or nut butter
- Stevia equivalent to 1 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 3/8 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup chopped mixed nut (optional)
- 1 bar unsweetened chocolate, melted in a double boiler with Stevia equivalent to 1 cup sugar (or to taste)
- Mix together dry ingredients. Add Almond "Milk" and nut butter and blend together. Place in a parchment or foil lined 8X8 pan. Bake in a 245 degree oven for 3 hours. Cool and top with melted chocolate. When the chocolate hardens a bit, but not too much, cup the cookies into 16ths (4X4). Cool in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens all the way. Break the cookies apart and store in a plastic container in the refrigerator.
- Click on the picture to see my vegan recipe blog.
- (The pictures here are without the chocolate on top)
Compugraph Designs' PrintPop Page
PrintPop, for posters and other products, has another Compugraph Designs shop. This pictue is called "Sheva Minim (7 Species)". Check back periodically as new designs are uploaded.
Compugraph Designs Printfection Store
Compugraph Designs has a store on "Printfection" which includes cutting boards (good wedding or housewarming gifts), mugs and cups, tees, etc.