- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Peanut Butter And Jelly Cookies. The Best Ever Recipe For Peanut Butter And Jelly Cookies.
The Best Ever Peanut Butter And Jelly Cookies
The Best Ever Peanut Butter And Jelly Cookies
Don't you remember as a kid when your Mom or Grandmother would make those delicious Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches. Well guess what? These Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies are oh so delicious and they taste really close to a PB&J Sandwich.
I've made these cookies with every thing from Grape to Orange Marmalade. And no matter how I've made them people love them. Just be sure that you don't overcook your cookies.
Ingredients For Peanut Butter And Jelly Cookies
1. One Cup Jiff Smooth Peanut Butter.
2. One Half Cup Light Brown Sugar.
3. One Large Egg.
4. One Teaspoon Baking Soda.
5. One Fourth Cup Grape Or Strawberry Jelly Or Preserves.
Yes your right there is no flour in this recipe. And it turns out perfect each and every time. I know I love these very special cookies and I think you will to.
Cooking Instructions For Peanut Butter And Jelly Cookies
1. You will want to get started by lightly greasing a cookie sheet lightly with butter.
2. In a bowl you'll want to mix together all your ingredients being sure that all your ingredients get very well mixed together.
3. Divide your dough out into 12 equal size balls and place them on your cookie sheet and press a small hole into the top of each ball of dough after you have pressed down onto the ball of dough to flatten it out slightly.
4. Put a teaspoon of grape jelly or strawberry jam into the hole you just made in each cookie. You can really use your favorite jam, jelly, or preserves on your cookies.
5. Be sure that your oven is at 325 degrees before you put your cookie sheet of cookies in the oven.
6. Cook your cookies for 15 minutes.
7. Take your cookies out of the oven and let them set on the cookie sheet for five minutes.
Everyone I've ever made these cookies for say that they are the best Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies they have ever eaten. You can use what ever peanut butter you want to but Jiff works the best and has the most flavor. I've also made these cookies with Jiff Crunchy Peanut Butter and people rave over them made that way too. Almost every child I have ever offered these cookies to want more and more. Kids are hardly ever wrong. Get your children involved in making these cookies. Once you make them please post a comment below and let us all know how they turned out for you.
Below are some of my other favorite recipes for peanut butter cookies.
Best Ever Peanut Butter Cookies
Best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever
I know that's saying a lot but if your looking for a delicious peanut butter cookie you won't ever find a better peanut butter cookie recipe. And believe it or not but this is another recipe with no flour.
Ingredients For Best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever
1. One Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract.
2. Two Cups Peanut Butter. ( I use Jiff )
3. Two Cups White Granulated Sugar.
4. Two Large Eggs.
5. Two Teaspoons Baking Soda.
6. One Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt.
7. One Fourth Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips ( Optional )
I sometimes put Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips in my cookies and sometimes don't.
Instructions For Making Your Cookies.
1. You will want to start off by heating your oven to 350 degrees.
2. You will want to grease your cookie sheets with butter.
3. In a large bowl mix together your peanut butter and sugar and mix it together until you have the two ingredients very well mixed together.
4. Beat in your eggs and other ingredients being sure that you have everything very well mixed together.
5. Roll your cookies out into one inch balls and place the cookie balls on your greased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
6. Use a fork to press the lines into your cookies one way and then the other way. Look at the photo to see how your cookies should look.
7. Bake your cookies at 350 degrees in a preheated oven for 8 - 10 minutes. Once you set the cookies out of the oven leave them on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before you transfer the baked cookies to a wire rack, tray, or plates.
If you need to substitute Splenda for the white granulated sugar. This will make the cookies diabetic friendly. If you want a less cake like cookie then you will want to use one egg instead of two.
I've made these same cookies for forty or more years and people always beg for more. If you want to jazz these cookies up add the semi sweet chocolate chips and add about two minutes to the baking time. Just don't over cook your cookies.
Take them out as soon as they get brown on the edges because your cookies will continue to cook for the five minutes you lave them on the cookie sheets. If you want a further jazzed up tasty cookie make these cookies with crunchy peanut butter and the semi sweet chocolate chips. You won't believe how great they will taste.
Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
If your looking for a great recipe to let your children cook then this is a great recipe for them to get started with. I really like the fact that these wonderful tasting cookies have only have three ingredients. They are real easy to make and are oh so delicious.
This is one of the very first cookies I ever made and I've been making them for about the last forty years or so. These Peanut Butter Cookies really do have only three ingredients and the taste of these cookies is just wonderful.
New Baking Paper
I really like using the new baking paper with tinfoil on one side and parchment paper on the other side. Put the tinfoil side down and the parchment side up and you don't even have to grease your cookie sheets. You'll also have a lot easier time getting your cookies off the cookie sheet.
Ingredients For Your Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
1. One Large Egg.
2. One Cup Smooth Or Crunchy Peanut Butter.
3. One Cup White Granulated Sugar.
Again if you'll notice we have no flour in these cookies. I have quite often added one or more of the below ingredients to my cookies to make a jazzed up cookie. And no matter if you make them with the three ingredients or jazzed up you'll end up with wonderful tasting cookies.
1. One Fourth Cup Raisins.
2. One Fourth Cup Craisins.
3. One Fourth Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips.
4. A Teaspoon Of Your Favorite Jelly Pressed Down In Center Of Cookies.
5. One Fourth Cup Course Ground Salted Peanuts.
6. One Fourth Cup Fine Ground Pecans.
7. One Fourth Cup M&M's.
You can add one ingredient to your cookies but if your going to add two or more ingredients then double the initial recipe. This way you'll be able to add two or more of the above ingredients and you'll end up with peanut butter cookies that will blow your mind.
Instructions For Making The Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies.
Start off by mixing the peanut butter, the sugar, and the egg very well together in the bowl. I use my hands but you can use a large wooden spoon to mix your three ingredients together very well.
It's very important that your three ingredients get very well mixed together.
Now you'll want to line your cookie sheets with the new baking paper with the parchment side up and your going to want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Drop your cookie dough by the spoon full onto your prepared baking sheets with the parchment side up. Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 8 - 10 minutes until the cookies are brown on the edges. Set the baking pan out of the oven and let your cookies set on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then take them off the cookie sheet and put them on wire racks or a tray or plate.
When your dropping your cookies on the cookie sheet be sure to space them far enough apart that your cookies are not going to run together.
Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Bar Cookies
I really enjoy these Peanut Butter Bar Cookies very much.
To make these cookies make a double batch of the 3 ingredient dough in a large bowl. Then add in two or more of the ingredients on the list above. Be sure that your ingredients get very well mixed together.
Line the bottom of a 13" X 9" baking pan with a cut out piece of the new baking paper and you'll want to put the parchment side up.
Bake your peanut butter bar cookies for 10 - 12 minutes in a 350 degree oven. It's very important that you preheat the oven to 350 degrees before you put your bar cookies in the oven. You want the center of the bar cookies to be firm before you take the bar cookies out of the oven. Remember they will keep baking in the pan for at least 5 minutes after you take them out of the oven.
After the pan of peanut butter bar cookies have cooled to room temperature cover them with plastic wrap and put them in the refrigerator for overnight before you cut out 16 - 24 bar cookies and wrap each bar cookie individually with plastic wrap.
I promise you that these peanut butter bar cookies will be some of the best bar cookies you will ever eat. Every time I make these they are gone in a hurry. I make these almost every year and wrap them individually and then fill up plastic Christmas containers with these bar cookies.
Experiment with adding the jazzed up ingredients until you find the flavor combination you like. And you can jazz up these peanut butter bar cookies even further by putting a fourth of a peanut butter Reese cup in the top of where you'll be cutting out each bar cookie. You won't believe how great these jazzed up peanut butter bar cookies will taste. And as I said they make wonderful homemade Christmas gifts especially in Christmas themed plastic containers with lids.
Thanks For Reading My Hub Page On Peanut Butter Cookies.
First of all I hope there are peanut butter cookies in your future real soon. Be sure to check out the other peanut butter cookie recipes below. And thanks for reading my Hub Page on Peanut Butter Cookies. Please consider SHARING this Hub Page with everyone you know. Also please consider pinning the images on this Hub Page. Thanks in advance for your help.