Top 10 Choices for the Best Superbowl Snacks
What do you like to eat on Superbowl Sunday?
I think most people are in agreement about certain things they like to eat on Superbowl Sunday. What do we all agree on? Our food should be quick and easy or able to be prepared ahead of time. Superbowl Sunday is not the time to be in the kitchen cooking for long periods of time.
Some of the favorite meals mentioned are those quick and easy, that seem "all american" but really aren't in origin. Many people love to eat things like Pizza, Nachos, Chili dogs, hot wings, chips and salsa.
We all seem to agree that it should be something you can eat with your fingers. The food should be delicious and probably not so low in carbs.
But what do people really want to eat on Superbowl Sunday? Many of you already know and have your traditional Superbowl menu planned. But if you are looking for ideas for finger foods, snacks, or appetizers for Superbowl Sunday, then you have come to the right place.
Who doesn't love to eat Pizza. Some people actually pick pizza as the food they would eat if they could only eat one food the rest of their life.
Why?...heck, I don't know. It is good! It can pretty much have any and every topping you can think of.
You can put all veggies on wheat crust for a healthier alternative. Hey, I didn't say you had to!
You can put lots of meat and nice yummy cheeses, you can try different sauces, you can even make desert pizza if you want to.
Not only that you can make pizza out of a lot of different things, you don't really need the crust to be pizza crust. You can make it out of english muffins, for little mini pizza's, or pretty much any kind of bread dough.
But I digress, you are looking for the best recipe for pizza...
Prep Time: Depends
Serves: As many as you want
- Easy and quick route: Call your favorite Pizza Joint and order home delivered pizza.
- Moderately harder route: Actually get your butt out of the recliner and drive to the fresh made home cook pizza joint and drive home and bake it yourself. This helps to warm the house in colder winter weather zones.
- For a harder but much more delicious version
- try this recipe for Pizza dough.
- Take 2 cups flour
- mix with 1 package yeast
- Heat 1 3/4 cup water along
- with 1/3 cup brown sugar
- and 3 T butter
- and 2 t salt until warm so that the butter just melts
- Add the flour and yeast mix and beat low speed for 1/2 minute
- then 3 minutes on high speed.
- By hand
- stir in 2 cups whole wheat flour
- with 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Knead on a floured surface for 8-10 minutes. Shape into ball and place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled. On the average about 1 1/2 hours. Punch down, divide in half, cover again and let rise 10 minutes. Roll out into a pizza crust. Place on greased pizza pan, top with your favorite pizza sauce and toppings and bake in oven for 450-475 degrees until brown.
- Recipe by my sister Star.
No I am not turkey drumsticks..I am hot wings...use your imagination silly!
2. Hot Wings - Hot and spicy
Okay, I have to be honest here...I personally do not like hot wings. Not that there is anything wrong with it if you do!
So it is really hard for me to share a recipe with you that I can't try and recommend. So I have chosen the below links to some recipes that are highly rated by others (that actually like hot wings).
The other alternative, hit the deli at your local supermarket.
- Restaurant-Style Buffalo Chicken Wings
Restaurant-Style Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Wings Recipe | Simply Recipes
Buffalo wings recipe, chicken wings marinated in a spicy sauce, broiled, served with blue cheese sauce.
- Hooters Buffalo Wings Recipe - Deep-fried.Food.com
Hooters Buffalo Wings Recipe - Deep-fried.Food.com
Who is your favorite team in the Superbowl
Who is your favorite team in the Superbowl
3. Bacon wrapped little smokies
This recipe is so simple and all the recipes are so similar it is really hard to credit the original person that created it.
Prep Time: 10
Total Time: 30
- One cup brown sugar
- 1 16 oz package of little smokies
- 1 pound of bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut bacon into thirds and wrap each strip around a little sausage. Place the wrapped sausages on wooden skewers, several to a skewer. Arrange the skewers on a baking sheet and sprinkle them liberally with brown sugar.
- Bake until bacon is crisp and the brown sugar melted.
- My suggestion for a little different taste is to mix the brown sugar with some bar-b-q sauce and then baste it onto the bacon wrapped little sausages and back until the bacon is crisp and sugar melted.
- Super fast alternative if you don't want to wrap in bacon, toss the little smokies in a crock pot with BBQ sauce and slow cook to keep warm during the game.
Let your friends know they have arrived at the right place with this 20' Game Day Party Tape.
20' Game Day Party Tape
4. Super Dooper Delicious Nachos - Definitely my favorite
Make your own corn chips by cutting 16 corn tortilla's into quarters, fry them in 2 cups canola or vegetable oil, salt to taste when done. These can be fried up a day ahead of time.
Layer the following ingredients in a baking dish;
Prep Time: 30
Total Time: 40
- Corn tortillas homemade (see above)
- ground hamburger
- seasoned with taco seasoning
- fried until browned
- 1 can refried beans heated until warm or a can of chili
- 1 can olives sliced thin
- 1/2 cup green onions finely sliced
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 2 cups shredded chedar cheese (can be sharp or medium)
- jalapenos to taste
- After layering, back until cheese is melted completely, top with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.
Duel Debate Module
What is your favorite snack during the Superbowl?
Protect your table from spilled snacks at your Superbowl partty with this, Football tablecover.
5. Tortilla Chips and Guacamole Dip - Chunky Guacamole with Cilantro Recipe
Recipe created by: Chunky Guacamole with Cilantro
Please refer to their website for detailed instructions and nutritional info.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30
- 1 lg tomato - diced
- 3 T onion
- chopped fine
- 1 green chile pepper (core it
- take the seeds out and chop finely)
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 1 Lg Ripe Avocado (peel
- remove seed and chop finely
- 1/4 t Cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- pack it firm
- Salt and Coarse ground pepper to taste
- Mix all together, adding the spices last.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Something to put those football party snacks on.
6. Tacos - Recipes for Tacos
Mmmm, Carne Asada Tacos!
- King's Carne Asada Tacos Recipe
Check out King's Carne Asada Tacos Recipe and many other traditional mexican food recipe. Or submit your own authentic mexican food recipes.
I love these football food trays, just perfect for your football party.
7. Chili dogs - Best Chili dog recipes
- Rachael Ray's Devilish Chili Dogs Recipe - Food.com - 126093
Rachael Ray's Devilish Chili Dogs Recipe
- Chili Dog Recipe - Recipe for Chili Dog Chili
Chili dog chili for hot dogs, with ground beef, garlic, onions, tomato paste beef broth, corn meal, sugar, and cumin. Hot dog chili recipe.
- Cooks.com - Recipes - Chili Dogs
Cooks.com - Recipes - Chili Dogs
- My Dads Delicious Chili Recipe
I love my dads chili, he always made the best chili ever. The whole family learned to make chili from him. Honestly there was no recipe, he would just make it. My older sister finally convinced him to let them measure and write down everything he was
8. Wraps - Good Fingerfoods
We made these wraps for my daughters wedding, they were so good they were gone in a flash!
8. Recipes for Wraps
9. Anita's Fiesta Bacon Dip - My Absolute Favorite
Layer the following in an 8x12 inch glass cake pan
Prep Time: 20
Total Time: 30
- Layer of softened (3) 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- Layer of 1 jar of Pace Picante sauce
- Layer of crispy bacon (cooled and crumbled) (1-2 lbs)
- Layer of Finely Shredded Mild or Medium Cheddar Cheese (1 lb)
- After layering the above ingredients, place Ritz Crackers standing on their edge all around the edge of the dish. You can do multiple rows or have a side plate of more crackers.
- Believe me, this recipe will be a hit at any party. One of my sons friends proposed to me at his college graduation when he tasted it. (Okay he may have been a bit tipsy, but he raved about how good it was as well as everyone else).
10. Fruit and Veggie Plates - Fruit Kabobs
We also made these fruit kabobs for my daughters wedding, healthy and fun for kids and adults alike!
10. Fruit and Veggie plates - Veggie plates
Thanks for stopping by please drop a note below.