- Food and Cooking
Vegetarian Thai Coconut Curry Recipe
This curry recipe is quick, healthy and delicious. Making it a perfect weekday meal for the family.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup yellow curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cups red potatoes, chopped into 1-1.5 inch cubes
- 4 cups Frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups Cooked rice
You will need a large pan with a lid. This can be a 12in skillet, large wok or even a soup pot.
- Make sure your potatoes are chopped and your rice has been cooked or has started cooking.
- Add the sesame oil to your pan and cook over medium-high heat. Cook the curry paste in the oil, smashing it around the pan for a few minutes.
- Slowly stir in your coconut milk.
- Once all your coconut milk is incorporated add your potatoes. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to med-low and cook covered until potatoes are just tender. Start checking after 8 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking measure out and cook your frozen vegetables in the microwave.
- Drain off any water from the now cooked vegetables and add to the pan with the potatoes. Also add the sugar and salt. Continue cooking covered on med-low heat.
- As soon as your potatoes are fork tender remove from heat and serve with rice.