Zucchini Ribbon Pasta (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Veggie Noodles: REAL Fast Food In 5!
Eat this Veggie Spaghetti 4 times a week and wear spaghetti straps by summer...or maybe a string bikini! This dish is only 60 calories a plate and is the fastest healthy dinner I have ever made. If you need to fool folks who don't love Veggies-just shave off the green skin and then make ribbons. It looks so much like pasta they won't know until their plates are clean...of course, that's IF you tell them! Zucchini ribbons are a blank canvas that you can put just about any sauce over since it has such a mild, pleasant taste: Tomato sauce, Lemon-basil-oil, cashew cream, garlic and olive oil. Paint this dish any flavor you like!
Meatless Meat Options!
Make sauce ahead of time and heat up. You can use red, white or think up any sauce that tastes good to you. This is a blank canvas and the zucchini will showcase any concoction you can come up with.
- 1 Medium or large zucchini
- 1/4 cup red or white sauce
- Use vegetable peeler to make thin strips of zucchini.
- Spoon warm sauce over bowl of raw zucchini ribbons and enjoy!
- Top with Nutritional yeast to add a cheesy, nutty flavored light crunch.
- You can also make veggie non-meat balls from seeds, nuts or tofu and add them to the dish!
Here's another tool to make Spiral Noodles! - It's that easy to eat healthy!
This Is How It's Done! XO
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.