What theory or thought enlightened you?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (34 posts)
  1. TruthDebater profile image54
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

What is the single most important theory or thought that has ever enlightened or pushed your mind to a different level of thinking?

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
      ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mandelbroth's fractals.

1. TruthDebater profile image54
        TruthDebaterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why?

because then, i got it that I am actually still the same kid repeating my reality in varying scales of complexity. But it is the same question. the same mission.

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

true . is the essence of all.

3. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Relativity.

2. profile image0
    crmhaskeposted 13 years ago

Control is an illusion.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please do explain?

2. ceciliabeltran profile image64

interesting...

3. Mr,Motivated profile image61
    Mr,Motivatedposted 13 years ago

Bruce Lee said That in his life he fought many oppenents and overcame many obsticles, but the strongest opponent he ever met was himself.

true true...satan according to some kabbalist, means the adversary within.

4. Mr,Motivated profile image61
    Mr,Motivatedposted 13 years ago

And in Buddism Enlighment is a battle within to cleanse ones soul.

By Mr, Motivated
    Thanx for stopping by.

5. Newsclipper profile image69
    Newsclipperposted 13 years ago

No single big epiphany for me. It's just sort of a learning process all throughout life. Learning that we're all connected, that we never see ourselves the way others see us. Also, that everyone is doing the best they can at the time. Maybe not the best they know how, but the best they can at the time.

I guess if I were to pick one big one, it's that lost opportunities are almost never able to be regained. You can't be afraid to grab them when they come along. Fear paralyzes so many people and it kills growth.

when someone tells me this i think of what my mother said about the shoe on sale that was bought....there's always another shoe, another sale.

1. Newsclipper profile image69
        Newsclipperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

See, for me, personally, it would be just that kind of thinking that would have me end up shoe-less after a while.
        At some point I need to just stop fretting over it and buy the dang shoes. smile

i see...for me. the lesson was, stop thinking that's the only shoe you'll ever get because otherwise you rake a debt.

1. Newsclipper profile image69
            Newsclipperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm enjoying this discussion. It's interesting how we each have our own lessons to learn and how we go about learning them.

6. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

The single most important thought that changed my whole outlook was to question and throw out everything I was ever taught about life and God. Evidence often hasn't equated to what I was taught, and so I had to derive my own core beliefs.

From there, it's a combination of rethinking my own self talk, science, etc.

7. TruthDebater profile image54
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

Keep going, you all are giving great answers, thanks.

8. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I can do that...  If we're willing to learn and try we can do most anything we want to.  The biggest hurdle in life for most people is the thought that we can't do something.  Only if we truly believe that we CAN do it will we ever accomplish much. 

I've taught myself to fix my own cars and homo.  I learned to paint, however poorly, but it pleases me.  I am learning to write just be being on HP and working on it.  None of that would be possible without the first thought that "I can do that...."

9. profile image52
    fallenangel666posted 13 years ago

Anything is possible in the fabulous Celtic twilight, which is not so much the twilight of the gods as of reason.

Tolkien

10. John for truth profile image60
    John for truthposted 13 years ago

There isn't any ONE thing, for me it's a series. Something happens to awaken you, and you begin to be drawn to the truth. I've learned many things in the last year or so. I've learned that our creation as told by society, is bogus! I've learned that our government not only lies, but it's a way of life with them. I've learned that almost, if not EVERYTHING is run by a handful of money and power hungry elite individuals. Basically our entire existence is nothing less than a "matrix" that has been created to control the masses.

1. profile image52
      fallenangel666posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The very real problems you describe are a result of our own political apathy, we no longer have a true from of democracy but rather a four year guaranteed dictatorship. When Che Gueverra was murdered in Bolivia all our dreams of freedom died.

1. John for truth profile image60
        John for truthposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure you are right, but there is so much more. 9-11, Kennedy, central banks, even alien existence and disclosure

1. profile image52

Why would aliens need to kidnap people to experiment on them, they can get all the information they need from the world wide web?

I don't know they need to kidnap anyone, but they played a huge role in our creation, or modification. Plenty of evidence in Giza

I think a lot of the kidnapping or abduction stories have been engineered by the ones that want the alien story to look silly

1. profile image52

It takes three days for a radio message to reach mars, the same for a reply. Most of the stars we see in the sky no longer exist, it took so long for their light to reach us. Nothing as far as we know can travel faster than the speed of light and those stars are millions of light years away. The Universe is expanding in all directions away from its point of origin, our part of the Universe is not any where near the edge. Advanced civilizations could have come and gone before the earth even formed. As we are seperated from the the far flung parts of the Universe, not only by distance but by time, what chance is there that two advanced civilizations would come into contact?

The chances are staggering. Who says they are in space ships and NOT already here?

I've been lead to believe that WE are part of THEIR DNA. It goes back to GIZA and if you read verses from the bible, literally, it all makes sense.

lol

11. Rod Marsden profile image66
    Rod Marsdenposted 13 years ago

I think therefore I am.

1. profile image52

We are what we believe we are, that doesn't mean that we are what we wish to be.

1. Rod Marsden profile image66
        Rod Marsdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No one is saying you are wrong there fallenangel666.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)