Hubs #1 in Google

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Csanad profile image70
    Csanadposted 13 years ago

I just finished checking the rankings of each of my hubs. I just copied and pasted the titles into Google. Here the results:
    About 20% of my hubs are #1 in Google (19.81% to be exact).

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you're hubs are keyword researched, that's great!

If they aren't - well chances are that doesn't meant much...

1. sofs profile image76
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wrylit just to understand this , if you copy paste your title and search you might end up finding yours on top of the list as no few people would have used the exact  title, so it doesn't  mean much ... that's my understanding..
        You may have to look for the keywords -  Is that what you are saying.

Csanadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When You paste your hubs' title into Google, it doesn't necessary give results matching the exactness of your search query (your title in this case). To have results that exactly matches your title, you need to put them in quotation marks (see my hub about Search Engine Command for more info). When you have a longtail keyword query like that search engines weigh words within the search term, for example pronouns get less emphasis (unless you specifically emphasize them in your search).

1. sofs profile image76
            sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks for that information.  I will check out your hub

2. WryLilt profile image87
          WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I generally put my keywords in the title. So if my title ranked number one on google that would mean I'm ranked number one for that keyword.

But if you use a browser like google chrome it shows results based on your history anyway.

3. relache profile image73
          relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is correct.  Searching your title is a fine way to tell if a Hub has been indexed, but unless you've got a lot of people using that precise phrase to do their searches, it'a a false positive for SERPs.

Now, if you use the most common two or three word phrase that can describe your Hub, and which is used by LOTS of people in searches and your Hub turns up in the #1 slot, that's when you have a genuine winner.

2. Csanad profile image70

My hubs are not keyword researched. I write about what I feel about (I have 180 future hub ideas on my pendrive)

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! I had a look at your 'African Grasslands' hub in my new toy, Market Samurai, and according to it, you are  already ranking #1, although google.com gives me a search result of #2. (I've noticed this in my hubs too - anyone know why there is a variation?)

That asides, your hub has a PR of 2 with one external page backlink, and if you change your very first line in the hub to use the keywords "African Grasslands" too, you will be perfectly on page optimized.

The keyword 'African Grasslands' has 217 searches daily and is potentially worth $42 a day.

3. snagerries profile image70
      snagerriesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats great to hear. What I know is hubs get good rankings in google because of the top domain ie hubpages.com which is highly optimized.

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I agree with WryLilt. For your securities hub--You do rank #1 for Place of Securities and Place of Securities and Securities Markets in the Economy, but no one is searching for those terms. There are keywords within your title (Securities, Securities Markets) that folks are searching for, but you're nowhere near page #1 for those.

3. CarpetDiem profile image72
    CarpetDiemposted 13 years ago

First, congratulations. That means google is aware of your hubs.
    But as others have said, what are the odds of someone searching for the exact title of a hub? What is more important is what a random surfer would type into their search box if they were looking for the information in your hub.
    Still, what you are reporting is worthy of a high five!
    smile Steve

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago
  5. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Hehe yeah the hard part is getting ranked no1 for what people are searching for!

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or better still, ranked number one for keywords that attract 2 or 3 buck adsense ads each time someone hits your site!

6. Garrett Mickley profile image78
    Garrett Mickleyposted 13 years ago

It's great to be ranking!  A lot of my stuff ranks great, but I'm not getting the traffic.

It's great to rank 1 for keywords.
    But if they're keywords no one searches, it's useless.

7. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

lol #1 huh? roll

8. Csanad profile image70
    Csanadposted 13 years ago

I know that the titles themselves are not the best way to determine your overall ranking, but they, especially the more generic titles do give an idea about the SERP performance of your work here at HP. I chose to check titles, because, when you have over 100 hubs, it would take forever to check a couple of keywords per each hub.

The cool thing about my hub SERP is I haven't promoted them at all (except for submitting them to a few of the largest search engines). I just did some promotion to my affiliate link and my profile link. All these rankings are totally organic ranking.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image78
      Garrett Mickleyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well either way, I'm happy for you!

Did you know that you can go to your hub, then up at the top next to the "edit" button there is a "stats" button that shows you what keywords you rank for?

I've been with hubpages for a while and JUST noticed it a few days ago.  My most popular hub is getting tons of hits from google for certain keywords and I'm pretty excited.  I'm getting at least 15 hits a day on that one hub, which isn't a lot but it's still exciting!

I didn't know about the list of keywords. Checked it out. Thank you
        My most visited hub is my GMO hub, receiving little over 100 visitors a day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)