Going green. What do you think?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-should-businesses-go-green

I am going to begin backlinking this, I plan on revising a couple things to really spiffy it up.

1. lady_love158 profile image59
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think when the President talks about the "Green Economy" he's talking about all the money he and his friends are going to make by pushing his agenda upon the tax payers!

2. Mikeydoes profile image43
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I edited what do you think now?

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It looks pretty good and is very interesting. I would go through each text capsule one more time for a spell check. And make sure no words are run together.

at the end, I would wrap it up in a few sentences encouraging your readers to get involved and remind them of a few of the benefits you covered. I would encourage them to watch the video as it really does help show what the company does.

it's a good topic of which you could write more hubs in relation to going green and then you can link your hubs together. 

I also left a comment on the hub. good info. smile

thank you so much! I should be getting quite a bit of traffic here, hopefully I can make it explode.

I currently am working on a global warming that talks about switching to recycling. It is up right now, but I am still working on both as it does take time.

Also should i put comments further up, or the poll further up?

Oh and should iIget on Kontera(sp?). Currently I am only using adsense.

2. SteveoMc profile image72
    SteveoMcposted 13 years ago

You are allowed to post a link to a hub on Extreme Hub Makeover.   As a matter of fact, it is common courtesy to post the link to the hub that you wish to have feedback on.   

This forum is a place you can ask for feedback... and, wonder of wonders, include a link to the hub in question without fear of snipping!

All links in this forum are nofollowed.  Spam and affiliate links are obviously still no-go.

Have fun, and be constructive...

Thanks for the feedback?

1. sofs profile image76
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OOps! sorry , didn't realise that this is in extreme makeover!! smile

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mikey, Steve merely quoted the rules written at the top of the Extreme Hub Makeover forum - the only forum where you can link to your own hubs.

And as for feedback?
        ►Why is your email there? It opens your email address for spammers to scrape.... and it looks tacky.... and if someone really wants to contact you they can either leave a comment OR visit your profile and click Contact MikeyDoes.
        ►Take out the links to other people's hubs. It looks over promotional and will also send visitors to other people's hubs instead of them clicking adverts in yours.
        ►Move the video down beside the second text capsule so that the adsense block can go in prime clicking territory - top right.
        ►Add some more media - maybe a picture, poll, some links to sites people can read more info if they want (but not too many links and keep them in the bottom half.)
        ►What is Intercon? Do you work for them? It sounds like you're trying to sell something, sorry. And if you are trying to talk about them - whynot have a link to their website if they have one.
        ►Otherwise not a bad hub. Do you know if it has any good keywords?

The email is staying as I haven't gotten spam in fact the one email I got was actually huge for me. I want to make myself available, currently unemployed.

Everything else was very helpful, not that I don't agree that it is tacky. I am on a crappy iPod so editing isn't happening for a couple days until I get to a computer. I will leave the email there I think, and see how it works out for me.

I do have 1 keyword that will be a huge winner, just like Intercon will be. They are pretty much tops when it comes to going green, which is a huge topic for many people.

Is there something I'm supposed to do with the keyword? I have it on keywords and I have it in the article several times.

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's best to put your keyword or words in the title and/or URL.

And the tags - is that what you mean by having it in keywords?

Remember - you can use multiple keywords and rank for all of them. It does of course take time...

3. SteveoMc profile image72
        SteveoMcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I suppose I should have explained myself a little more.   Someone told you that you cannot post links to your hubs.   I just wanted to set the record straight so that you wouldn't worry about it.   
        I thought that it was great feedback to let you know that you had done nothing wrong.   And then I simply quoted the top of the forum note.

I wasn't directing that at you or the other poster, I appreciate what you said. I just was wanting feedback.

3. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Your hub is well written, the flow is good.

I just want to draw your attention to one fact that I noticed in your hub
    The very first line is a link to another hubber's hub. This will take your reader away from your page right at the start and they may not come back to finish the hub.
    Keep the links to the end of your hub so that the reader has become interested in what you have to say.

Adding some more examples to the discussion under the last header  would strengthen your argument and give more weight to what you are saying.
    I am not so experienced here but thought I will share what I know!
    Best wishes and keep writing more hubs! smile

Ty, but you did scare me for a sec haha. I am going to execute yours and her advice in a couple days.

Once again thanks to the both of you.

1. sofs profile image76
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, once again, cross my heart!

4. wilsonallen01 profile image61
    wilsonallen01posted 13 years ago

I will definitely try to do this..

5. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

your keyword selection has been poor, work on it.

6. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I was green once, while deep sea fishing off the coast of Savannah.

7. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Is it okay to put their contact information down as in phone number and address? Incase people want to recycle Ewaste right away? Can I also give a name of a person that I know and trust to deal with?

8. ftclick profile image55
    ftclickposted 13 years ago

I was an Obama backer but now, jeez.. he is Otaxa. and now s approving the text-tapping the NSA wants. is this better than Bush. well,the republicans messed up with getting Palin in to drop McCain's chances.

wrong thread.

Anyone have any idea if I can add contact info to my site. It will allow people to instantly get ahold of intercon and start recycling?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)