Please Pick it apart

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Whikatposted 13 years ago

Hello Everyone,
    I am looking for some honest but polite feedback on my first product hub. It does not seem to be doing well as far as viewers go, nor has it been indexed. I would really love to improve on this topic and hub. There is something not right about this hub, but I can't seem to put my finger on it. Please if you can spare a couple minutes to give feedback and suggestions, I would be most grateful.

http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Relaxing-Bath-And-Body-Gift

Thank you smile

1. profile image0
      Whikatposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Never mind, I was just hoping someone could help me figure out why this particular hub has not been able to get indexed by Google. Unfortunately, some people have mistook my request for knowledge as self promotion. I promise that I will find help else where instead of asking fellow hubbers on the forum.

Sincerely,
      Whikat

1. Super Chef profile image60
        Super Chefposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey whikat change your photo posistions around with your Amazon capsules. Give the Amazon capsules  a blue or grey background as people may mistake these for more photos if they are just scanning the page trying to find what they want. Otherwise very good.

1. Super Chef profile image60
          Super Chefposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In fact just give the Amazon cap00sules a background colour and they will be fine.(just had another look).

2. profile image0
    Whikatposted 13 years ago

Thank you Super Chef,
    I will use your recommendations and I sure do appreciate the help. You may be Super Chef, but your also a Super friend. Thank you for the advice. smile

3. couturepopcafe profile image61
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Here's what I see. (with respect)

First, it's way too long.  Consumers and readers have a very short attention span.

Next, the format is erratic and inconsistent.  At the heading of Natural,Organic, etc. with the picture to the right of the heading?  That's the way all the segments should look.

The opening needs a subtitle.  Go back and edit and put in a subtitle even if you repeat the main title. (by the way, if you put the same words as your subtitle in the first and second paragraphs and bold them, google sees this as an important word and pays more attention to the article in terms of placement.)

Separate each heading into a different capsule with the picture to the right.  That is the only place where the colored background will automatically appear.  It won't appear if you put the pic capsule on the left.

Get rid of all the REALLY BIG pictures you have separating capsules.

And, sweetie, don't be impatient when your topic is not immediately answered.  Sometimes it takes a while for people to notice the new forum topic.  Good luck! and keep reviewing!

1. profile image0

Hi couturepopcafe,

Thank you for taking the time out of your very busy day to reply. The original pics were to the right, but another reviewer commented about the confusion of Amazon and the pics being so close, so it was changed to lessen any confusion. Because the original was not producing good results, I will respectfully take the other reviewers advice and go with this look for awhile regarding the pictures.

As far as length goes, there is much debate and discussion regarding this matter. All I can say is that I have reviewed some of the product hubs that have made it to first page of Google and they did not seem short, but I will respectfully take your comments into consideration. Maybe after awhile you will write a product hub and I can come and see your exact layout when it is on first page of Google?

Anyways SWEETIE, I appreciate and respect your precious time and your thoughtful comments smile

P.S I Do like it better without the pics for now. Maybe that was what was bothering me in the first place! smile

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
        couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It looks so much better!  You did put all the pictures to the right.  I looked at it before you changed it.  You must have been changing it as I was answering the forum!  Looks great!

4. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Whikat - I do have some product hubs on page one so maybe I can add a little smile

The hub isn't so much long as a little untidy looking. Think along the lines of a sales leaflet that may drop through your letterbox. The info will relate to the product spec, the price (cheap! bargain! etc etc tongue), the overall look will be tight, crisp and eye catching ... in as much as you can see at a glance all that you need to see. Do you follow?

The pictures are fine. Better your readers can see the product they're buying. Keeping the link and picture in close proximity is common sense. TBH I reckon you could remove half of what's on it and make a whole other hub. Flesh out the product information of the more closely related products - you know, maybe the organic soaps stay, gift basket types removed kind of thing. I'm working from seeing your hub a while ago mind, so the products are an example smile

Leave the bolding to the headers - and make better use of them. They're there for a reason. Whilst some believe that bolding can affect on-page SEO, I'm not a fan of it, and it doesn't hurt me for not using it. It can also look unprofessional and distracting. I prefer bolding by way of the H2 and H3's instead. That's where you can insert tags/keywords.

Um ... *thinking* ... look my best advice is this: what catches your eye when you're browsing for a new coffee grinder, bedding set, car? What makes you stop and think 'ooooo that looks an interesting offer/thing/value for money price'?

Maybe you'll be motivated to buy because a product's a bargain, maybe because you know you'll be the first to own it, or maybe because errr ... easier that you go read this: http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Increase … azon-Sales it's a great hub by a great hubber and very interesting from a sale's perspective.

In short - I sell stuff. Therefore you can too.

Tags - relevant
    Keywords - naturally inserted
    Content - match title
    Content - make it the best quality you can
    Headers - use them
    The hub - keep it tight, focused

Ok, done now smile

1. profile image0

Hey Frogdropping,
      Thank you for all the good advice. I will read the information on the link you provided and unbold some keywords. I think it will make all my hubs look more natural. I really appreciate the great feedback and will apply a lot of the great information. I will also swing by your hubs and see if I can catch any other ideas that I may be missing. Thanks again it is much appreciated!. Lurve Ya my friend smile

5. sofs profile image75
    sofsposted 13 years ago

It looks great now!!

1. profile image0

Thanks Sofs, I just needed a little help from my friends to find my weak areas that needed improvement. I appreciate the honest feedback from everyone. It not only improves my hubs, but it also strengthens and improves me smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)