I want the ordinary American people to hear my voice -Karzai

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

Afghan President Hamid Karzai spoke out for the first time today about the "heart-rending" media accounts of a rogue US army unit accused of deliberately killing civilians for sport.

In his first public reaction to the scandal, Hamid Karzai said he wanted to ensure ordinary Americans knew about an alleged rogue army unit "kill team" accused of murdering Afghan civilians and mutilating their corpses.

"They killed our youths for fun, they killed old people, they even planned to kill children," Karzai said in a speech "I want the ordinary American people to hear my voice and to know that Afghans old and young are being oppressed in their name."

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

none interested?

1. lady_love158 profile image60
        lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well Obama campaigned on Afghanistan being the righteous war so the left can't criticise it and the right started it so they can't criticise it. I believe we should be out of there and should have been a long time ago. I don't think we should be supporting corrupt Karzai.
        War is ugly and bad things happen so I'm not going to criticize our soldiers.

ya but that also reflect state of mind of soldiers...isn't it?..can normal happy soldier do such stuffs?

1. profile image50
            ShortStoryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't judge all military personnel by the acts of a few criminals.

agreed...valid point but if you see iraq and now afghan...either criminals are increasing or we need to rethink about wars as human race...

1. profile image50

Not increasing at all.

thats my point since criminals are not increasing but such incidents are , it shows war is taking lot of toll on mental health of usa soldiers...

1. profile image50

Such incidents are not increasing. When was the last incident even remotely like this crime?

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

What ability do the ordinary people of America have in changing such things? hmm

Aren't their lifestyles being destroyed as well? hmm

Political issues throughout the entire world are being used as justification for many inexcusable events!

The abilities of all ordinary people everywhere are being undermined purposefully every day by the political objectives of the few that choose to have them remain unknown to the 'Ordinary People!'

good point

3. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

@ShortStory

the latest afghan is what you  know...then iraq too you might be knowing...suicide rates of usa military personnel is increasing too...good barometer of mental health...

US military suicide rate at record high

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/feb20 … -f04.shtml

Suicide rate in US Army at highest in 26 years

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world … 61933.html

Is the U.S. Army Losing Its War on Suicide?

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article … 84,00.html

1. profile image50

So you have two incidents, inexcusable as they were, in ten years? If you want to talk about the suicide rate, that is obviously a separate issue.

i think i have not communicated in way i intended.. i am not taking this issue from only point of view of innocent lives lost by inhuman acts of few soldiers...i am here concerned about their mental health which is not only taking innocent lives but also their own lives...core point is rethinking about war and strategy...i hope i am communicating...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)