The Military

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)
  1. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 12 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5168568_f248.jpg
    Which branch of the service do you like and respect the most? if you served in the military, which branch did you serve in?

American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have an equal and strong admiration for all branches of the military. I do lean to the Marines but also lean to Naval Aviators

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

wink  Good call.

2. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

US Air Force, Viet Nam 1968-69
      Air Rescue

1. profile image0

Thanks, dutch.  I'm sure many owe you their lives.

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
          dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

thank you for the thought.

2. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

I served in the United States Army, but I respct them all equally.

1. profile image0

My thanks to you, TM.

3. jaskar profile image69
    jaskarposted 12 years ago

when i was 16 i got carted off to military school. had to do all the drills that 1930-70s paratroopers did. was hell on earth. so for that reason id say airborne. but all branches deserve equal respect. they have all done so much for so many.

4. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

I'll admit to a fondness for the U.S. Navy.  Both my father and my father-in-law are Navy vets, and when I was young, my plan was to grow up and become a Naval Aviator. 

Then, I got glasses.  Thick ones.  Damn.

Aside from my special fondness for the Navy, my respect is given equally to every branch.  I respect anyone willing to defend this amazing nation that is my birthplace and my home. 

big_smile

5. Evan G Rogers profile image61
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

Dude, you post WAY too many forum topics.

So dont respond. Noone says you have to read them. Do I take your non answer to mean you do not like the Military?

6. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 12 years ago

Leave the ships to the sailors and the fighting to the Marines.
    Marines all the way!

7. Diane Inside profile image74
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

Every branch of the military holds a special place in my heart.  It takes a special kind of person to do what they do.

They do what they do so we can have freedom, and security.

My grandfather was an army man, two of my cousins were in the navy. And let me tell you there's nothing like the military to make a person straighten up and fly right. Literally.

I've seen several boys enter the army and come out of it as outstanding men. The military did them a service by teaching them honor, and discipline.

I think the men and women of the military don't get enough high praise.

God Bless them All.

8. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

Navy 77 to 81 myself. Evan, you now have the ability to block posts from anyone you choose.  Put it to use and let others to exercise their freedom of speech rights. No disrespect but your comment sure seemed to reek of it.

Stump

Thanks for the response. Not sure why Evan responded the way he did, he sure respondes to alot of threads and hubs for someone camplaining "to much". What would he do if we all stopped posting? He seems to spend a lot of time answwering

9. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 12 years ago

I served in the Marines, and witnessed how a detachment of 200 (USMC) could scare the green out of each of the other services..

I had the benefit of being stationed on Army and Navy installations in addition to my time spent on Marine bases, and the ability to spend a lot of time with servicemen and women from every branch...

There were many stark differences....  some to be proud of....others not so much..

The Air Force would get special pay due to "poor living conditions" while living in the same barracks as Army, Navy, and Marine personnel...  They even had their own satellite cable connection..that is until a few of our detachment "detached" it from the roof and turned it into a rock garden display piece...

While stationed on an Army post, the Marine barracks was right across a parking lot from the "enlisted club"...

With the rivers of alcohol to enhance their social skills, many guys from each of the forces turned to drunken brawling...

However, when one Marine was assaulted, the entire detachment was called to alarm and showed in force...  In contrast..one particular Friday night (no work on the weekends unless one has guard or special duty, mind you) I sat in my car with a couple of other Marines preparing to go see a movie..  Four drunk soldiers walked by talking trash, and one of them threw a rock at my car..  The three of us got out of the car and verbally dressed down the soldiers...  While "buddies" (and in the Army they have assigned "buddies") the three who didn't throw the rock let us know that we could beat the garbage out of their friend if we wanted to...just to leave them alone...

It was truly an "Army of one" that night...

I am opposed to the wanton use of violence, however, so we just intimidated him enough to empty his bladder and we went on our way...

With all of this said, I have come to know amazing people of all branches, and I respect their service...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)