Another section of Marvel Studios' Shared Universe

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)
  1. profile image0
    AaronHubb89posted 11 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7025197_f248.jpg
    So as we all should know, Marvel Studios will be getting their rights to Daredevil in October. I know that The Punisher is also in their hands now and Blade as well. What I am thinking is that maybe now is the time to put focus on something other than just the Avengers. Marvel has a whole slew of characters waiting to be thrown into the movies whether it's the first time or not.
    If you think about, Marvel Cinematic Universe could have something going on at a completely different time than when all of this Avengers stuff is going on. You've got Daredevil which includes Elektra, Kingpin, and all of the villains. You've got Punisher, Moon Knight, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Blade. We could have a completely grittier shared cinematic universe here.
    Personally, I would like to see each character's film done in a little more comic book fashion in theme with all of the Avengers movies, but they could still maintain their gritty feel. I would also like to see Daredevil being hunted down by the Punisher or something.
    But yeah, elaborate on what you all think and please let me know when Marvel Studios gets the rights to Ghost Rider back.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7025210_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

To answer your questions, Marvel already has the rights back to ghost rider as well, but to my knowledge, there's no immediate plans to reboot him or blade anytime soon.  And given the fact that feige himself said that he wants his mcu to be family friendly, it's highly unlikely we'll see a blade, punisher or ghost rider film any time soon due to the graphic nature of their stories. 

However, i do know that Feige has announced that daredevil would be getting his own netflix tv series along with power man, spider-woman and iron fist i think.  Apparently, they'll still coexist in the mcu, but they'll be fighting crime on a smaller scale on a team called the defedors.  personally, i think it's a smart move on their part, and i think punisher should have a show on netflix if you ask me.  i mean the character had 3 r rated films, and they all bombed at the box office.  therefore, i think tv would be a better choice for punisher.  given the fact he has no super powers, you can easily make a tv series on him with a modest budget. 

as far as ghost rider and blade go, i would love to see a midnight sons type of crossover in the mcu, but as i said before, it's never going to happen because ghost rider and blade are too dark for the mcu's family friendly superhero films, so it's doubtful marvel would want to make an r rated superhero movie; which is exactly what ghost rider and blade would need to be if you wanted to portray them right on the big screen.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

The Daredevil and Elektra films already made were... bad, very bad.

1. profile image0
      AaronHubb89posted 11 years agoin reply to this

But you do realize the rights to reboot those have reverted back to Marvel Studios...they can totally be fixed.

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I guess that would be nice.  But constant reboots kind of annoy me.  Another Spiderman already? It makes me not want to commit to following something if they plan to erase it in a few years.

1. profile image0

You should check out my hub on reboots...I feel I make a great point on why they can be necessary sometimes...in the case of Daredevil...I think it's necessary...btw....The Amazing Spider-Man was great since they finally got it right. I don't want to follow a broken series.

4. profile image0
    Eric Mikolsposted 11 years ago

I absolutely want to see the rights in Marvel's hands. I would love them to be able to focus on their street-level heroes and I think Daredevil would be the perfect movie to showcase them in, heck, I wrote a Hub about that!
    I would be cool to have a more down-to-earth team of heroes now that Marvel is traveling deeper into space. Maybe something like the Warriors arch from Ultimate Spider-Man, only without Spider-Man.
    It's will be interesting to see what happens.

1. profile image0

Yeah, I love the Ultimate series, but I was also thinking about that Daredevil story arc that was showcased a couple months ago: Shadowland. Honestly, if I was to be in charge of Daredevil. I would have it to where the Kingpin (James Gandolfini in a fat-suit) would hire three individuals to try and kill Daredevil (Bradley Cooper). The three individuals would be Bullseye (Karl Urban), Elektra (Olivia Wilde), and the Punisher (Thomas Jane). Each would obviously fail, but it would set up a split off movie for both Elektra and The Punisher. I think Bullseye would be the only one that tries to the end, I think Elektra would stop since she ends up having feelings for him, and I think the Punisher would stop and then try and kill the Kingpin since he would find out that the Kingpin was going to have all three assassins killed when the job was done. The Punisher wouldn't get to kill Kingpin as Daredevil would stop him. Just my thoughts for the movie. What do you think?

1. profile image0
        Eric Mikolsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think the Punisher would be a great choice for a Daredevil movie. He would be much better used as a guest star character than have his own movie.

5. ScottLoogan profile image71
    ScottLooganposted 11 years ago

Sounds good, but the Punisher isn't a hired assassin. The Daredevil movie definitely needs a reboot. The Blade movies were awesome, but need to be redone Marvel style.  I salivate just thinking of a Moon Knight or Cage and Iron Fist movie. I can't wait for Marvel to get the X-Men rights. The X-Men movies were mostly great, but they need to be in the Marvel U. But the movie that needs to happen the most: Darkhawk. Like, now.

1. profile image0

Yeah you are right about the Punisher, but maybe he could be in there for his own purposes...if someone really sat down and thought it out it could work....or save him for part 2.

1. ScottLoogan profile image71
        ScottLooganposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In the Punishers first appearance, he was tricked into thinking spiderman was a killer. That could work with Daredevil easily. And technicly Elektra didnt become an assassin until she died and came back.

1. profile image0

lol I am guestimating on all of this, by now you can probably tell I'm not a deep reader of Daredevil or his history...but I love what I have read. I don't care what they do...in the end....I just want these character featured...maybe even White Tiger at some point smile

6. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 11 years ago

Marvel Knights series of short films maybe?

1. ScottLoogan profile image71
      ScottLooganposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thats a good idea. Would prefer full length though.

1. profile image0

Yeah I think the fans deserve more than just short films. The material is there for full length films. I don't think we shoul settle for any less.

7. cperuzzi profile image90
    cperuzziposted 11 years ago

Why the hell haven't they done an easy one like "Power Man and Iron Fist"?   It would be brilliant!

1. profile image0

I agree...Power Man played by Terry Crews! Right? Right? lol

8. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 11 years ago

While we're on the subject...maybe someone could explain why Marvel is doing " Guardians of the Galaxy" as a major film?

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think the main reason why they're introducing the guardians of the galaxy is to give a little bit more back story and exposure to thanos, as I highly doubt his small end credit cameo in avengers was there for no reason.  If  anything, i predict he'll end up being the main baddie in avengers 3, and guardians of the galaxy is marvel's way of bridging for that to happen.  After all, they don't own the rights to silver surfer, so they need to figure out how to connect thanos to the avengers somehow.

9. profile image0
    Eric Mikolsposted 11 years ago

The simple reason is because it's awesome.
    It's also risky but I'm hoping it will pay off. I think Guardians of the Galaxy has the chance to be an incredibly unique superhero movie because there's literally nothing like it. Green Lantern could have tapped the space-hero role, but failed miserably. With Guardians, Marvel has a chance to do something that looks nothing like the X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman or Superman.

10. ironangel89 profile image59
    ironangel89posted 10 years ago

I am seriously shocked to see that this is still on here and that people are still commenting on it. This was my old account that I used when I posted this question. Nice to see that people are still finding it relevant. lol

11. Vivo-Jojo profile image59
    Vivo-Jojoposted 10 years ago

I agree. Marvel has a pantheon of great characters that all need their fair share of attention in the box office.

12. ironangel89 profile image59
    ironangel89posted 10 years ago

I think it'd be great to see She-Hulk get her own Netflix original as well as the Punisher. Both of them deserve it for sure.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)