Losing my home

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image49
    tikearaspiritposted 14 years ago

I would like to know if anyone out there is going through what I am going through, thanks to the president?  Below is my story that I have sent to the president.

Dear mr. president:

I am sending you this email, because I wanted you to know how you have changed my life and my child's life, as well.

I am a partially disabled mom, who suffers from fybromialgia, type two diatbeties, vertigo, bursitis in both hips, arthritis in both hips, knees, and feet, partial blindness in one eye, irritable bowel snydrome, neuropathy in my right hip and leg, and a type of gastritis in my stomach.  I am on four different medications that I will have to be on for the rest of my life.  There are many things that I cannot do, like running, going up and down stairs, etc.  and I have to use a cane to get around.  I suffer with pain all the time, and it is a struggle for me to get around and do simple things, like bending over and tying my shoes.

I have gone to the social security office, to try and apply for disability, but was told, that I would not be eligible for it, because I would have to be out of work for a year, before I could apply for it.  I have been out of work, by order of my doctor, since june 4 of this year.  So, someone like me, who has real medical issues, and cannot get disability help, really stinks.

Now, I was told yesterday, by DMM, that the remodification loan that I applied for in august of last year, has been changed.  My mortgage is through Kentucky Housing, and it was 463 a month.  It was that amount until the beginning of last year, when it was raised to 565 a month.  I tried to make the payments, on my own, but found that I couldn't.  I was working two jobs, but lost one, due to budget cuts, and had no choice, but to declare a chapter 13 bankruptcy.  I also informed kentucky housing that I would not be able to keep the house, because they had raised my mortgage payments, by 100.00.  They in turned, referred me to DMM, for a remodification loan in august of last year.  I went through all the financing counselling, etc. and in september of last year, was told that my new deferred mortgage payments beginning october 2008 would drop from 565 a month, down to 342 a month and that my interest rate would drop from 6.50 to 1%.  I was happy to hear this because now I was better able to take care of my child and myself, and pay my monthly bills and the mortgage payments.  I was told that I would be paying the 342 a month for three years, and then after that, if my finances had not changed, I would continue to pay the 342 a month. 

However, when you signed the new stimulus bill this year, it affected my remodification loan.  The interest rate was raised from 1% to 2.9%, which caused my mortgage payment to go back up to 410 a month.  I did not find this out, until this past wednesday.  I spoke with both DMM and kentucky housing, and thanks to you, I will be losing my home, because I cannot afford to pay the 410 a month.  I have no assets, no savings, no stocks, bonds, etc.  I have nothing.  Right now, I am struggling to pay my monthly bills, and, pay the 342 a month for the mortgage and buy my medications, which I cannot go without. 

I understand that I am not the only one affected by this.  There are many other people like me who will be losing their homes, as well, because the remodification loans were changed.  This bill that you passed should not have affected someone like me, because I had applied for the loan in august of last year, 4 months before you signed the bill.  This new bill should only affect the people who are applying for the remodification loans, after the bill was passed.

I want you to know that I do not make a lot of money like you do.  I only make about 22,000 a year.  My house is not big and fancy like yours, but is small with an area of 800 square feet.  It is a dinky little house, but it was mine and my son's.  Now, you have taken that away from us, and we have nowhere to go.  you, apparantly have no idea, what damage you have done to people like me.  I thought you would make changes that would benefit people like me, but you have not.

Now, how am I suppose to take care of my child and myself.  I do not know when I will be able to return back to work, or if I will be able to return back to work, and now we will not have a place to live in, because of you.  I wish you never became president.  Because of you, I am losing my house.  Of course, I am sure that you will be able to sleep good tonight, because you have a nice big place to live in.   

Thank you for taking away our home, and making it hard for me to get disability help.

1. laringo profile image61
      laringoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your story is just awful.. this type of thing should never happen but I'm afraid it's going to continue. I think the housing fix(if that's what you call it)stinks. What ever happen to helping Main Street? Wall Street is surely happy. I am not a happy camper at all.

2. Ambition profile image61
    Ambitionposted 14 years ago

you are a brave women to talk to him like that. He has not done anything except licking ass of Muslims just to impress them.
    looks like he forgot the promises he made earlier.

3. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I am very sorry for your situation, but I am trying to figure out how you can hold down two jobs with fybromialgia, type two diabetes, vertigo, bursitis in both hips, arthritis in both hips, knees, and feet, partial blindness in one eye, irritable bowel syndrome, neuropathy in my right hip and leg, and a type of gastritis in your stomach.

If this is real, more power to you and if I can help in any way, please let me know. But if all of those diseases leave you able to work two jobs....then what makes your story any different from the millions of Americans going through the same thing?

1. chucky12 profile image58
      chucky12posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ya bit of an anyalist aint yah!

4. curiozities profile image62
    curiozitiesposted 14 years ago

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.  I will pray for you.  I wish you and your son the best. 

I know this won't help you immediately, but now that you have joined HubPages, you could perhaps write a few hubs about your medical ailments.  You should be sure to follow the instructions for joining Google's AdSense advertising program and you could maybe make some money that way.  I would advise writing one hub for each condition as focused hubs tend to get more visits. 

Best of luck to you.

5. livelonger profile image87
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

I think unfortunately you had an ARM (adjustable rate mortgage) loan that saw the interest rate go up according to plan. Many of these types of mortgages were extended to make the payments artificially low for the first few years. Now many of them are ballooning because there is a provision in the contract to do so, which has absolutely nothing to do with Obama or the stimulus package.

I'm sorry this has happened to you, but I think you are targeting the wrong actor.

Here's some information for others considering ARMs:
    http://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/arms … nglish.htm

6. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Didn't you vote for Obama? Didn't you agitate others to vote for him, too?

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are (again) probably right Misha. I didn't vote for Obama. Took a lot of flack for it. But I still stand behind my decision. Obama won't be the best and he won't be the worst. But he is black. So celebration in America. We're all redeemed from our part in the slavery history.

7. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I lost my home about 6 months ago.. Yea what happened to obama helping people save there homes?????? The banks wouldn't even return my calls to try and save it...

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that there's a law stating that folks need to spell "their" properly first. smile

1. kmackey32 profile image64
        kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

duh omg not you too. so what

Is this the bloody spell check talkin well its gonna have a ball with me I always leave my gs off. yo know talkin walkin, I didn't realise we got checked for our spelling. I put the g on please note.

8. flread45 profile image60
    flread45posted 14 years ago

Seems like no sympathy around here!!!

9. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Tikearaspirit, MANY are going through what you're going through.  Please believe me when I say that we (my wife, Pam, and I) KNOW every word you wrote is not a complaint but simply stating "how it is".

Pam is extremely disabled (Fibromyalgia, COPD, bullet shrapnel, arthritis, osteoporosis, the list goes on).  We understand the hell you endure to work at all. 

In our specific case economically, we bailed on our house before they even knew we were in trouble--so that we could get out of that area while we still had the money left in savings to rent a U-Haul.  Pam needs 14 separate medications, 5 or 6 of them being life-essential...but she's been cold turkey off every one for nearly 3 months now.  Doctors  are refusing to take her on as a patient, and we admittedly can't even pay for the prescriptions her doctor gave her in Colorado before we left.

I've read the posts on this thread (prior to this one) pretty closely and don't feel ANYONE is whining, whimpering, or complaining.  Just stating how it's gone down to date. 

As for Obama, I never did care about his race (still don't) but could always see his politics were going to bury us.  Yes, we voted McCain-Palin.  Drill here and drill now! (I was working in the gasfield drilling boom that, after the election, went un-boom.)  As his honeymoon period with both voters and Congress continues to wear off, however, I have to admit to a shred of hope.  Any roadblock he hits is a good block.

10. chucky12 profile image58
    chucky12posted 14 years ago

Hey its worldwide, people are having a hard time. I heard it was turning in the States is that not true then!

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm in Oz and they reckon we are ok now.

Too bloody busy workin to know if I am broke.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)