Rants and Raves

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)
  1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 8 years ago

What great thing happened to you recently?  Someone extra nice, going above and beyond the call of duty? Perfect weather at just the right moment?  Share it here!

Or, what really ticked you off?  Morons in traffic?  Someone steal your pink flamingos off the lawn?  Some other gripe?  Do tell!

I'm starting with a rant about the stupid billing coupons you return with your utility, mortgage, insurance and other regular payments every month, and there are those boxes to fill in, with the caption, "Write amount of check here."  WTH???  just read the damned check!  I always just draw an arrow from those boxes to the 'amount due' printed on that stub.  Two can play at the 'how lazy can you get?' game. ...  At times, I'm tempted to actually write, "read the check!"

I'll finish with a rave, that on Saturday, a wonderful friend of ours treated us to a day out at the resort she belongs to, as her guests for the entire day.  It was so relaxing, and on top of that, she bought us a pair of really comfy, portable, reclining lounge chairs for camp or picnics, and she wasn't done there; she gifted us some cash to help out with our assorted struggles.  Feeling SO much more relaxed, and like we can breathe again.  We really needed that break.

2. profile image0
    Bob Bambergposted 8 years ago

Hi, Lizzy...yesterday I got a $100 winning scratch ticket in the state lottery and today, my 5 year old grandson's picture is in the Sunday paper near where they live.  Actually, the whole family is there...it was a memorial fundraiser walk for a cancer victim they knew and they all walked.  He's out front, and behind him you can see my son and year old granddaughter in her carriage, but my daughter in law was blocked from view by my grandson.  It was a treat, though.  I really haven't got much to complain about...got my health, etc., and the kids and grandkids are coming over tomorrow for a cookout.  I'm glad you had that great Saturday.  When things aren't going smoothly, such a "happy meal" is a blessing.  It's nice to have friends that care.  Hope your road smooths out soon!

DzyMsLizzyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Super deluxe!  What a great set of things going well.. Kudos to your family!  And don't spend the winnings all in one place.  LOL  wink

3. Shanders profile image76
    Shandersposted 8 years ago

What ticked me off today....well actually every day but today was really bad. On a local fb swap page for my area...7 different puppies from 7 different homes, 3 kittens from 3 different homes, being dumped on the swap page. None of them older than 12 weeks, all with the same reason. "Don't have time for it." some being given away to whoever will take them (extremely dangerous to the animal) some being flipped to the highest bidder(equally dangerous and,lets face it, immoral.) I work with multiple rescue groups, with spay/neuter programs, the backyard breeding problem in this county has got to stop. It is disgusting. The way people consider their pets no different than a piece of furniture, an object they can pass off the moment it gets in the way....it just has to end. The ignorance, both willful and otherwise... HAS TO END.

DzyMsLizzyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I SO agree with you,  Shanders!

It is shameful how people don't realize other animals have the same needs and feelings as humans; in fact, refuse to accept that we, too, are animals. 

The more I see of some people, the better I like other animals and especially my dear cats.

I am very active on FaceBook as an animal advocate, always posting educational things to try and open people's eyes to the travesties that happen daily.  If I were filthy rich, I'd open the world's largest animal sanctuary........

Thank you for your support of the animals.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)