Why do you like or not like Ron Paul?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. BizGenGirl profile image87
    BizGenGirlposted 12 years ago

Why do you like or not like Ron Paul?

What reasons to you like Ron Paul or not like him? Would these reasons urge you to vote for him in 2012 or push you away from voting for him?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

I think his message is pretty good, but he has no presence.  I thought the same of McCain.  I liked his message, I liked that he was a man of strength having been a prisoner of war--but he personality does not present well.

Unfortunately, charisma is a huge part of success as a president and as a diplomat involved in foreign affairs.

I want someone with a strong, sound message and the personality and speaking ability to make me believe it.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 12 years ago

Bollocks to his presence. The US is the most powerful country in the world and people are worried about whether or not our president looks tough enough to be the school yard bully? I would think the best way to counter-balance our supreme military hegemony in the eyes of the world would be to have a grandfatherly, kind-looking chief of state. People watch too much tv --that's all I have to say about that. Ron Paul is the only Republican candidate in my mind that stands a chance against Barack Obama. You can't beat Obama in a beauty contest and you can't beat him in the charm pageant--at least not that sort of charm. But he can be destroyed in an intellectual debate regarding American imperialism. Paul represents what most Americans seem to want: reduced taxes, reduction of military forces, withdrawal from foreign countries, and a reduction in the size of the government. The only reason American voters wanted Obama in office in 2008 is because they thought he was the ant-imperialist candidate. The message from mainstream America was clear to me with their acceptance of someone with names like Obama and Hussein. The message from the majority was "we don't care about wars on terror and other nonsense. No more war." People who were more concerned with getting lower taxes voted for McCain (for some reason). So those are the issues of today; lower the taxes and end the wars. The two issues do coincide and are the basis of Ron Paul’s campaign rhetoric.

4. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 12 years ago

In my opinion, this country is headed for disaster unless Ron Paul (or someone very similar) is elected to the Presidency. I have been a fan of Dr. Paul for years. There is a reason that he gets more military donations than any other candidate; he wants to bring the troops home immediately. He is also the only politician that knows enough about the economy to effect real change. I also agree with his attack against the TSA and his protection of the Bill of Rights. We need Ron Paul. I sincerely hope he gets elected this time around.

5. RavenBiker profile image62
    RavenBikerposted 12 years ago

I can recall years ago, a decade or more, about this doctor/congressional representative and thought why is this guy called "Dr. No."  As I matured as an adult, I realized that my liberal upbringing wasn't cutting the perverbial mustard.  And conservative Republicans, oh my.  Their world view is so incredibly infested with corporate interests, I cannot understand why they've run from their principle while touting them.  Then I found Libertarian principles.  Sure some Libertarians are kooks but Ron Paul expresses Libertarian ideals with logic, compassion and practicality.  I believe we're all politically Libertarian but allow the two-party system to polarize our views and understanding. 

Dr. Paul is right, we are not a market driven economy but a "corporationist" economy; our economy resembles the cliche, "What's good for General Motors is good for the country." He is also correct with President Eisenhower's assessment and warning of the Military Industrial Complex.   

He is also correct when he asserts that our civil liberties are being drained form our lives.  All the Republicans and Democrats want us to look away from reality much like Plato describes the Allegory of the Cave.  They WANT us polarized and argumentative about "family values" and "social order" because they know they can control us in other ways once they've divided us into "us" and "them."  Really, now.  How many Americans read AND studied the Constitution of the United States and the Declaration of Independence?

Time is running out and patience with our government is running thin.  Tune into Ron Paul.

6. Man from Modesto profile image79
    Man from Modestoposted 12 years ago

Ron Paul is a member of the Knights of Malta. He is a secret society member just like those he pretends to stand against.

Those who sign up to support Ron Paul get their names on a list of anti-government people. Look up Jesse Ventura banned show on the Fusion Centers.

The powers that be know there are those who will see what they are doing, and will want to support a candidate who is not part of their machine. So, they invent a candidate they believe will attract this group of people. In this case, it is Ron Paul.

He collects names for them. He takes donations which redirect money away from real candidates who really are against the things Paul speaks against: the IRS system, the Federal Reserve, and other other systems the powers that be maintain to funnel wealth to themselves.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)