How to reduce the gap between rich and poor?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)
  1. flysky profile image73
    flyskyposted 11 years ago

How to reduce the gap between rich and poor?

Wilfredo Pareto, an Italian sociologist, noticed that 80% of land in Italy was owned by 20% of population (that's the route of "20-80 principle"). Moreover, on the sample of several countries, regions and cities he observed in 1909 that similar "rule" holds regardless on political system, the size of society (country, region, city) and time. (Figure: income distribution, the number of people is on horizontal

2. onaolapo1 profile image81
    onaolapo1posted 11 years ago

The way I see it; there is no gap, or there are no gaps between the rich and the poor.  The so called gap is in our mind as humans.  All we need, is to be comfortable, and those who have what it takes took the risk and became comfortable. 

The moment we start to realise their is no gap, then the virtual gap will disappear.  Let those who think they are poor do something different to get a different result.  You cannot continue to do the same thing all over again and expect different result.

3. nisargmehta profile image64
    nisargmehtaposted 11 years ago

I believe the economic system developed by us the humans is the worst thing man has ever done. The flow is, Rich becomes Richer and Poor gets poorer.. For example as I have mentioned in one of my hubs Lower-class labor or lets say unskilled labor earns about 6000 INR (= $120 approx) a month Where he is actually working for the longest hours than any other labors!!! Strange ain't it? Alright, for the time being lets forget unskilled labor.
    Give me one Name who is richest or atleast in top15 no top20 richest and he is an Employee and not an Employer!!!
    This is how our society is built over a worthless Penny-system!!! Only a handful of poor people who are able to either mesmerize or overpower other of their kind and also superior, in monetary ways, have gone through!!!

Now want to know something interesting?? Not all Richest people are popular but those who have convinced the society - like Steve Jobs (No Offense) - they are providing something precious are Well known.

So ultimately which side are we looking for does matters - ethical, financial, popularity and so on!!!
    (Some of my views may not be appealing to a lot but I am only trying to make my point) [Smiles]

4. davidlivermore profile image92
    davidlivermoreposted 11 years ago

It's up to the individual to become rich.  And money isn't everything. I'm not rich and I could care less about the rich, all they have, etc.  If it bothers people that much, they should work harder to earn money to close that gap.

A post says that the rich become richer, and the poor become poorer.  That isn't always the case.  I have always earned more money over the years.  Some of the wealthy have lost everything.

That's my take on it.

1. nisargmehta profile image64
      nisargmehtaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@Davidlivermore: I don't disagree with you at all. It's an individual perception which makes him a better man. And as my view came to an end I also illustrated how determination can overcome wealth(Steve Jobs Example) as he wasn't rich when he startd

5. flysky profile image73
    flyskyposted 11 years ago

I would say that it is true, as onaolapo says, that the gap can be understand as virtual and relative in a certain sense. It is also true, as davidlivermore says, that some of wealthy have lost everything. However, as nisargmehta says, it is a statistical fact that rich becomes richer and poor gets poorer. (I check statistics for USA; for sure it is the same for all so called “west democracy” and probably for some other countries)

S. Covey in his books (“Seven habits of successful people”,..) claim that there is enough for everybody and that everybody can become rich. I agree with this, but with sense that the economic system don't help (and even prevent) poor to be richer. Besides, it just came in my mind tales from an English philosopher James Allen (“As a Man Thinketh”, “The Path to Prosperity”), where he gives principles how to overcome a current situation (in my opinion, both of these authors give a great message). Anyway, I hope and I believe that the gap (that is measurable) will be reduced.

6. rachealomack profile image61
    rachealomackposted 11 years ago

tax the right people and give to the less fortunate.

1. nisargmehta profile image64
      nisargmehtaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's Robin Hood Style!!! And I agree!!!
      All Those With Us Say Aye!! smile

7. profile image52
    ladymeposted 11 years ago

became rich and poor is different. but a poor people is very hard to do things, and buy food. but poor isbecome to rich if they work hard and move on. rich is not rich all time. some rich is only have rich money. but lose love. they only have money but no love is hard.. money is easy to find if we work hard. but love is hard to fine even a rich or poor. but depends of human how treat their life..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)