Just a quick question - How many of you hubbers play online games on a console?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Mr Awbery profile image79
    Mr Awberyposted 11 years ago

Just a quick question - How many of  you hubbers play online games on a console??

2. keepexploring profile image64
    keepexploringposted 11 years ago

I do not have console, so I'm not playing any games on it. But i do play some games on my smatphone or pc wink

Mr Awberyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What games on your smartphone? and PC is a good choice, I obviously prefer my Xbox360, but thats just my opinion smile

2. keepexploring profile image64
      keepexploringposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've been playing Age of Empires on my pc and smartphone smile Too same names, but totally different games. It's available on Android Play store for free smile I also really liked Assassin's Creed series and Portal 2 wink Great story lines, great gameplay.

3. Mini Man Me profile image68
    Mini Man Meposted 11 years ago

I play lots of games on my xxbox 360 as I have a wide variety of friends who play it with me

Which game is your favourite Mini Man? And i assume that you have live then? Fifa by any chance??

4. davidlivermore profile image93
    davidlivermoreposted 11 years ago

On a console?  Never really.  On my PC?  All the time!

Yeah thats the feedback i receive from most of the answers here, I too love the occasional game on the PC, it's just with being at University it's hard to maintain its spec high enough to play the latest games...

5. itsmejohnsmith profile image84
    itsmejohnsmithposted 11 years ago

I often play PlayStation 3, playing C.O.D and LittleBigPlanet, however I've started to switch to PC gaming lately, games like Minecraft are just too good to miss!

Do you have the latest C.O.D Johnsmith?

6. dahmenrobert profile image60
    dahmenrobertposted 11 years ago

I play on xbox 360 and playstation 3/Vita

Both? Which is your preference then? smile

2. dahmenrobert profile image60
      dahmenrobertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would have to say the Xbox. I like the controller and xbox live much more. Xbox live is well worth the price.

7. cfin profile image66
    cfinposted 11 years ago

Of course. PS3. I would, however, have a PC machine if I could use it (without hassle) for my netflix, hulu and everything else, plugged directly into my TV. It can be done, but its way to expensive and just doesn't have the same feeling.

I miss playing Civilization on my TV with a VGA cable, but when you have a family, its just too much hassle. For now its ps3 all the way, and civ revolution when I get time.

Well, when I am home from university myself and my dad play Pro Cycling Manager 2012 by connecting a HDMI cable to the television, 52 inches of Tour de France

2. cfin profile image66
      cfinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah but I want to be able to just switch it on like a ps3. I'm lazy. Back in my college days I had it all hooked up. Now, if it doesnt fit on the shelf neatly, and if it looks to awesome to my daughter who will maul it, then its not gonna work.

8. laservader profile image61
    laservaderposted 11 years ago

I Play all the time on my xbox with my friends.

Favourite game?

9. dannyhodge profile image72
    dannyhodgeposted 11 years ago

The only game i find worth playing on console is GTA4 - and in the future, GTA5.

FPS's are just so much better on PC.

To be honest,  i believe the GTA series has got progressively worse not better. I loved the days of San Andreas when you could go to the gym, get massive, and punch the crap out of anything that moves smile

10. profile image81
    RichBestposted 11 years ago

Well, I prefer PC as it offers better graphics and hence gameplay experience. However, of course, this is assuming that the PC specs are decent enough. Otherwise, gaming on PC can be very horrible, you know.

Yeah i would agree - I am sat here playing Pro Cycling Manager 2012 - I think that is the overarching problem with PC gaming in comparison to Consoles. The money you pay to constantly upgrade your PC to the latest spec is just too daunting for me, I

11. mattforte profile image88
    mattforteposted 11 years ago

I'm going to guess...3,952 of us. Unless you count handheld consoles, in which case I'm going to guess 4,329.

I know it may sound ridiculous, but where did you get the figures big_smile

2. mattforte profile image88
      mattforteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Random guess. Since I know not every hubber is going to answer this question, I figure my figures are going to be the most accurate answer here ;-)

12. taylorgang profile image34
    taylorgangposted 11 years ago

I did up until about 3 years ago.  Started a family.

So you find no time to have a cheeky game?

2. cfin profile image66
      cfinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I still find time, and I manage to get the wife involved. I am a happy man. 007 goldeneye reloaded and some rayman origins. Games women will actually play are awesome.

13. CZCZCZ profile image90
    CZCZCZposted 11 years ago

Absolutely.  Almost all of my gaming experiences on a PC are online and about half of the time I play a console game it is online.

What's your favourite game at the moment, if you have checked out my profile you will see mine is FIFA .

14. sm825 profile image59
    sm825posted 11 years ago

I played GTA 4 on PS3 online once, but that was my cousin PS3, I mainly stick to PC games due to how many different types of games there are and for cheaper prices as well. Take the last humble bundle the company THQ had put saints row 3, red faction Armageddon, company of heroes+ its 2 expansions, metro 2033, darksiders, titan quest, and warhammer 40,000 dawn of war. The total was 7 games and 3 expansions for the price of $5.75 if you beat the average. You do not get those kind of deals on PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii from what I have seen. So in short for the immediate future I think I will stick to PC Might get PS3 and Wii, but not for the games they have online.

I am an xbox gamer myself, but i must admit that deal is pretty tempting - i play the PC quite often, as i love football manger, and pro cycling manager - Total War : Shogun was epic - hiring ninjas to assassinate enemies commanders - genius! big_smile

15. Grab a Controller profile image60
    Grab a Controllerposted 11 years ago

I play on the Xbox 360 via Xbox Live. I love being able to play my favorite games online with other players from all over the world. I even have a select group of people I play with depending on the game because I know I work so well with them in the team games.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)