Disappeared from Google searches...

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)
  1. TedWritesStuff profile image68
    TedWritesStuffposted 10 years ago

Disappeared from Google searches...

I turn to the wisdom of HB for some help, please. Yesterday my Hub on travel smoothie cups was ranked No2 on page one of google with a steady 20+ views a day. Nothing huge, but making me smile. Today, I have had 1 view and when I type in the term travel smoothie cup which got me at No2, I am nowhere to be seen. So I copied the first few sentences and.... not listed. Any thoughts why overnight I have been blanked from google? Every word was mine, pictures were attributed et al. Any constructive thoughts greatly appreciated!

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 10 years ago

The only thing I can offer is that there is no guarantees. Hub Pages has one set of rules, Google has another and user traffic or tastes can change from day to day.

I have about 140 featured Hubs, unless some fell off in the last few minutes. I only average 60 to 70 hits per day. I use the Title Turner. I try to write on relevant subjects, but because I write a lot about what is happening today (old news reporting habits are hard to break) I do not have the uniqueness that some Hubs have which get them featured higher in the Google search and on Hub pages. I write few poems and I do not write about any types of food or travel location or product reviews. Thus I am resigned to not being on top of the pile.

I make little money, but I enjoy writing and enjoy the comments I get from my readers. I wish I made more money, but there is old saying in writing--write about what you know--politics, government, religion, aging, health and a few other areas are the bounds of my subjects.

This does not answer your question except to say that there is no single, clear answer.

TedWritesStuffposted 10 years agoin reply to this

thanks for taking the time Larry ;-)

3. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 10 years ago

I think it's the newness of your account - these kinds of fluctuations happen very frequently on a new account. I wrote quite a detailed answer about this here: http://liamhubpages.hubpages.com/questi … eally-hard

Hi, i appreciate the time you have taken to answer, but can't quite agree. I have many articles with many sites and this is the first time I have seen this type of reaction by google.  I wont lose sleep at night,  but find this quite annoying..sigh!

2. Susana S profile image94
      Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've seen it hundreds of times here on HP. The alternative answers are 1. that Google is doing a bit of A/B testing 2. Google doesn't like your hubs/account. Accounts with a high proportion of sales hubs do very poorly here post panda.

3. TedWritesStuff profile image68

You could be right there Susana S.. Google..absolute power..corrupting absolutely....am so very glad I am not like some others who rely on their online work to pay the bills... Thank you again for taking the time to get back to my query ;-)

4. Susana S profile image94
      Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I change my original answer. I've now seen several squidoo-like accounts with lots of sales pages that have lost traffic overnight. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/113332? … ost2415062

5. TedWritesStuff profile image68

Lets out  big sigh again... looks like I am not alone in this... Thought I had finally cracked a small niche..$25 in one day amazon sales commissions made me think the hours were becoming worthwhile.. alas... thanks for keeping me in the loop Susana

4. TedWritesStuff profile image68
    TedWritesStuffposted 10 years ago

Have found a blog that used an entire paragraph of my hub as the heading for a daily entry, which had nothing to do with travel smoothie cups, but is now listed on Page 4 of google. Whilst mine remains unlisted. I have now changed my original paragraph to remove any 'copy' doubts (great when you are plagiarized and you have to change the content...).. Lets see if that was the catalyst for my fall from grace on google...

1. soulfully profile image61
      soulfullyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Any development with your hub that disappeared?

I was on page 4 of Google, and within two weeks hit the top of page two. Then my hub disappeared from search results altogether.  Vanished on the 15th of August, never to be seen again.

2. TedWritesStuff profile image68

Hi Soulfully. I combined another piece of work I had done on a similar subject to make a mega hub and eventually it relisted on page one of google at position 4..took about 2 months to come back. still dont  know why it went on an extended holiday

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)