Blogger.com - time estimate can anyone help

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

Hi All, I decided to start a blog about places one could travel to in my home country as a test case. Can anyone wiith blog exxperience let me know how many posts one should aim for per day and for how many days before it will start to generate a readerbase or even get search traffic.Any advicce on this kind of blog would be most appreciative.

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You should probably not do more in one day than what you can keep up with in the long run. I think it's best to publish on a schedule. If ppl know you publish every Wednesday and Friday they are more likely to come back. It's not unlike a TV series. You need to build up a habit.

I've found that being keyword-conscious and publishing regularly eventually pays off (in terms of traffic).

Dale Nelsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Pacal,

This good advice.I didn't think about it that way. If the blog is targeted to specific traffic, it would be wise to make sure the content is relevant to the title of the blog and to remain on course. I think using Waynes idea of a year and 2 posts a day should give about 700 in its first year which is more thna the number of hubs i think i can churn out in year one.

I read a hub about the 10 most successful blogs in terms of revenue and most seemed to have started between 2000 and 2003.That means 6 years to get to the top and generate about a million relevant page views a month.Its actually quite achievable if i think about the traffic that hubs get on a daily basis.

2. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

Ok. Going to snooze now so dont think Im rude by not replying.Will check back later.Any reponse or advice most welcome.Thanks Hubbers.

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Dale, I have started a blog with blogger today too.

It doesnt look like it has even been indexed yet.... has yours?

As I purchased a domain, it takes a few days before they can index it I believe.... still got public service ads on mine.

Thanks for the feedback Ryan.It seems like the most popular platform to use and the easiest.

I dont see it appearing as yet but will keep checking the day after every few posts.

Good luck. I beleive your idea to get Ryankett .com is a good one as it seems most of the guys in the top 2% market themselves as being their primary product and an expert in their fields.It must surely give readers and followers confidence in knowing an actual person is behind the knowledge as opposed to a website name on the topic.

Thanks for sharing all your expertise in the forums.

4. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

The way I've always tackled blogs is to separate your blog posts into sections(or categories) and think of each post as a doorway to your blog, so with each post you have specific keywords or labels for them and that will make each blog post unique and potentially indexable in the search engines for a specific keyword phrase.

It takes a long while for any new blog to be considered highly read and subscribed too, you may want to aim for small milestones or something to help towards some type of blogging plan...this could be up to 6 months to a year to reach the type of milestones you set for yourself.

I know the ranking of blogger blogs is very quick due to it's attachment to Google and the more you write and organize your own blogs content, the better the search engines will organically give you some good page result rankage!

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your great advice about blogging again Wayne, greatly appreciated. Dont worry, I have been researching keywords quite a lot.... its great how I can write a summary of one of my hubpages, but use different keywords, and then backlink to my article..... thus increasing my potential traffic to my hubpage by competing for other search phrases.

I was wondering today, about the tagging. In hubpages the tagging is solely internal, are my blogger tags capable of driving search engine traffic? How should I approach my blogger tags?

Would be very grateful for any advice that you have on that aspect.

2. Dale Nelson profile image38

Thanks Wayne,

I thought I would start with the cities first and as our country is well known for keep lions and elephants in our back gardens(myth), I would use the game parks as a major draw for traffic and because we have so many outdoor living facilities, focus on the 20 - 40 years traveller and some of the fun things they could expect to do.

I saw that google had acquired blogger into its fold and hope this helps as you mentioned.

As far as goals are concerned, i understand now what you are saying aand have decided that in order to receive merit for the blog, it would be better to focus on getting 200 quality destinations to visit and then return to index them in unison to get a good test result and then try different tactics.Your'e right about the goals view. You always get blinded by the income potential of neew projects.

Always good to hear your advice Wayne.

5. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

On first inspection the blogger labels seem like they would be making your blog posts indexed, but when you click on them, you go to blog posts only within your own blog, so the Blogger labels ot tags are really to categorize your own content and for others who visit to find relevant posts you may have through your blog.

Having said this though, I always write my blog posts according to my blogger labels and have some sort of relevancy there with specific keywords along with the blog titles and especially image alt tags too.

So just keep writing and making your blog posts relevant to each other, so for example if you write about gold jewelry, you could create your own internal link system linking to anything new or archive you've ever written on gold jewelry...Google seems to look for highly relevant pages and content and sifts through all the spam and garbage better these days.

Hope that helps somewhat!

As it is more in what you write in your blog posts that really matters

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok excellent wayne, many thanks again for your help.

6. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I have a few blogger blogs. I just checked Analytics for one of them. It turns out that I published my first post on it on 1/5/08. By 2/1/08 I was getting 100+ visits per week. By 5/1/08, I was getting a minimum of 1,500 visits/week, and it's only gone up, up, up from there. I don't have a feel for whether that's 'quick' or not, but I was sure proud! smile And that was with NO intentional SEO. I didn't even know what keyword research was then!

And it really all happened by accident. It's a foodie blog, and I thought that in order to be successful you had to be involved in the online foodie community. So I got it together and read blog after blog after freaking blog, commented away and sucked up to everyone. (Yeah, I'll be honest about it. It wasn't quite the same as reading hubs here. The hubs are actually diverse and interesting!)

Turns out that to make money, you really need to be focused on 'consumers' -- not, in my case, the foodie community. But what that did do for me that I didn't realize at the time was build up a huge, strong network of one-way backlinks via the comments, being placed on blogrolls and having my site referenced from high PR and very relevant sites. A very tight, targeted niche with quality content didn't hurt either! smile

7. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I wouldn't call it *sucking up* lol it's more of *networking* wink leaving backlinks pointing to your blog does help build traffic. smile excellent point made.

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I have a series of blogger blogs, I think I have maybe 10 or 11 now, that mirrors my work at hubpages. The sole purpose being to just drive traffice to hubpages. I use the same use the same key tags both places.

Tag pages, from both HP and the blogger blogs, show up in the search results of google and yahoo. So I don't believe that the tags are for internal navigation only. For every hub, I blog atleast 5 times at this series of blogger blogs.

I usually hit each blog several times a day. Google is there within the hour to update it.

While it wasn't my intent to make blogger blogs a part of my revenue stream, I'm starting to make adsense revenue from them.

For a freebie, I think blogger blogs are fantastic.

Thanks Nelle,

This is an awesome strategy.Thanks for shedding some light on the mapping idea.It makes sense to set it up this way.I hope you dont mind if i use this way too.Time management seems to get more and more critical the more you build your online presence.

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. Go for it. Yes as you build your online empire working efficiently is soooo important. It's also important to be consistent for months at a time. So if you committ to a hubbing and blogging strategy, you've got to do it every day - several times a day. But I found that it pays off as quickly as anything else that I've done online.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)