If you woke up tomorrow and discovered it was the last day of your life, how wou

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image89
    Gina Welds-Hulseposted 7 years ago

If you woke up tomorrow and discovered it was the last day of your life, how would you spend it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13145489_f260.jpg

2. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image86
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 7 years ago

I would cook my husband and boys their favorite breakfast. We would sit at the table together, chatting and enjoying each other. Then I would figure out what movies are on at the theater, pick which one the boys wanted to see, and catch a matinee. Afterward, we would have a picnic lunch by the river and fish afterward. I would make sure I spent every second with them during the day. Then I would invite my Mom and Dad to dinner that I cooked, make both their favorite desserts, and be sure to tell all five of them how much they mean to me. I'd end the night by making love to my husband and then I'd die happy. Somewhere along the day I'd find time to tell my friends how much I love them, as well. It's the simple things.

Gina Welds-Hulseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I love that!  Yes, it's the simple things.  Thank you for sharing.
      I'm curious, do you have a bucket list?

2. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image86
      BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Nope. I try to just kinda go with the flow. XD That way, there are no regrets if I don't get to do something before I kick it!

3. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 7 years ago

Not too much differently than any other day but with a couple of extra actions. My first priority would be finding homes or caretakers for my kitties. I actually have a plan in place but if I'm alive and it's my last day then I'd just go ahead and take care of things. Then I'd call the people I've made my funeral arrangements with to make sure everything was still in order and to alert them that I'd be needing their services the next day. Then I'd go through my personal papers and photographs and shred them, clean out and reformat all my computers and tablets, and remove all monies from my bank (to go with the kitties for care and feeding). I'd send an email to the friends who are left that the end has arrived so be prepared for the notification. Then I'd have a nice dinner with lots of ice cream for dessert, curl up with whatever book I'm reading and frantically try to finish it before I died. That last is because my sister, mother, and husband all died in the middle of the last book they were reading.

Hi Cecilia.  That last line could make for an interesting short film, or a novel.  I am so sorry for your loss.
      I have a bucket list that I am working through. I would work on unfinished items, if possible, and spend as much time with family.

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 7 years agoin reply to this

You might be surprised how unimportant unfinished items become when time is short. I agree that some of my experiences would make good reading and I've begun with some of the stories I've posted. However, some are still too fresh, even after 30 years

3. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image89

Oh, Cecilia.  Those unfinished items include my family.  Just spending the time with them is all I would need.

4. profile image0

Spending time with your family may be important but if they don't already know that you love them and will miss being a part of their lives, one last day won't help much. You need to not wait until the last minute to tell people that you care.

5. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image89

What I mean is that the crazy bucket list items include my family.  You'd have to know my eccentric, adventurous, kind of nutty family to understand my last would be like. lol  They know I love them.....I tell them and show them every day.

4. always exploring profile image76
    always exploringposted 7 years ago

Hi Gina, If I woke up and knew it was my last day on earth, I would be with my family and if I was able, cook the best darn meal they ever tasted. I would make sure I had my personal papers in order. I already have my burial plot and headstone paid for in a little cemetery where my deceased family are. I don't think anyone wants to die, but I would look forward to seeing God and the dear ones who have passed.
    Have a great day
    Blessings
    Ruby

Hi, Ruby.  Having died on the operating table and had the tunnel of light trip, yes, I admit that I look forward to being with my family, if God decide that it was ok for me to stay that time. Chronic illnesses have forced my early  preparation.

5. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 7 years ago

Pray, read the bible, make peace with everyone and make sure I have repented for all sins and forgiven everyone who hurt me.  I would tell my loved ones to accept Christ before I died.  I would eat anything and everything I wanted too.

Thanks for sharing, Lolita. I try to do that each day, also.  On the last day I may just eat a steak.  I'm a vegetarian.  lol

6. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Recording videos for my children of what I want them to hear later and videos of me with them now.

That's a great idea.  I started doing that, in addition to writing letters to them on their birthdays each year.

2. profile image0

I'm 70 and still have a letter my mother sent me on my 10th birthday. I was spending it with my grandmother in a different state...

3. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image89

Those are the things we treasure, Cecilia. Beautiful!

7. profile image0
    Nudelyposted 7 years ago

Without a doubt I would be tempted to shoot myself immediately. Why do I want 24 hours to dwell on what I'm not doing that would be time better spent than whatever it is I am currently doing? One more round of Angry Birds? for what? One last binge? One last Hub for which I'll never see the responses? Nah, receiving proof-positive confirmation that you only have 24 hours left is a perfect incentive to shortcut fate and take your own life in the most comfortable manner possible. If I was given a week, then I might spend 6 days running up the credit card before offing myself. I would have a little suicide celebration on the last day of whatever timeframe I was given, then I'd pull the plug. Screw fate.

8. profile image0
    GalaxyRatposted 6 years ago

I'd skydive, pray, spend time with family, and basically do stuff I'm too scared to do, like publish a novel, etc.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)