RemedyGrove and YouMeMindBody Launch

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (26 posts)
  1. samanthacubbison profile image82
    samanthacubbisonposted 3 years ago

Hi community! We have another exciting update about our Network Site migrations. RemedyGrove and YouMeMindBody are slotted to launch this Monday 8/10. The community reception around our first site launch, TatRing, was fantastic. We hope to hear more positive and constructive feedback here in the forums as we continue to roll out each site. Check out the new look when you have a chance!

Update: We bumped the launches to some time this week or early next week. The engineers had a Hackathon last week which produced some fantastic results. We are also implementing some feedback and observations since TatRing's launch. A few more sites might also get added to the list, so be sure to revisit the forums for an update. Thanks for your patience.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Cool, thanks for the info.

2. samanthacubbison profile image82
      samanthacubbisonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Update: The sites have been launched!

1. incomeguru profile image94
        incomeguruposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Great work

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 3 years agoin reply to this

But the table capsule bug I reported ten days ago has not been fixed.

Unfortunately, I don't control the rollouts. I'm sure it'll be addressed soon!

1. Glenn Stok profile image96

Can you please touch base with Matt? He posted yesterday (above) that he is beginning to look into it.

At least he can tell you the status so you can let us know. The tables look terrible with all the columns combined into one column on mobile devices.

We have touched base. Someone should be reaching out soon.

2. samanthacubbison profile image82

I've been told that tables will remain as-is for the moment, as our team is currently juggling some more major projects. But we will definitely make this a priority when more bandwidth is available.

2. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

Sounds good. Onward and upward!

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up. I have several articles on both those niche sites, so I definitely look forward to seeing the results of the migration.

4. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago

Samantha, I just checked how things are on TatRing, looking at other people's articles. I'm concerned now about RemedyGrove and YouMeMindBody migrating on Monday because the table bug has not been fixed.  I didn't check the other stuff, but tables are still broken when viewed on mobile. I reported this last time on the forum, but I guess I need to let Matt know. So I'll do that now.

1. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sorry for the delay Glenn. I'm looking into this right now.

Thanks Matt. I assume that’s why the migration has not been done yet. And that’s a good thing because so far only TatRing is affected by the table capsule bug. I hope you got my email a week ago where I detailed the problem with an example.

5. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

Cool

6. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

I just actually took a look at YouMeMindBody and I like it a lot. Looks professional and sleek like a lot of the really top notch sites out there. Attractive, bolder, more stylish and easy to read.

7. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image95
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 3 years ago

The revamped HobbyLark has just gone live. Looks good.

Beth, what do you think about the way your table is presented now in your article “Haiku About Cats” on mobile?

I’ve been communicating with staff about the way they changed the table capsule on Maven to display all data minimized in one column on mobile devices to avoid left-right scrolling.

I mentioned to staff that two columns is fine anyway and there is no need to combine all the data into one column, which I think loses the clarity of the intended information.

They say that they may go back to the way it’s presented on HubPages, but that’s not for certain. For now, tables on mobile are not reader friendly in my opinion.

Now that HobbyLark has gone live, take a look at your article that I mentioned on a mobile device. See your table under your subtitle “Rules for Writing Haiku Poetry.” What do you think?

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96
        Glimmer Twin Fanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Glenn - I'm glad you said something.  I just looked at my article on steampunk names and the table makes no sense.  It's ok on the desktop, but definitely not on mobile.  I do alpha lists in 3 columns and they way it shows doesn't look right.  Hopefully they can fix that. Good catch!

Claudia, I’m glad you agree. They may not fix it. See Samantha's last post above. Please let the team know how you feel. Send them an email. I reported this two weeks ago and was communicating with staff ever since. I think they have it on a low priority since no one else complained.  I’m the only one mentioning it so far.

The various use-case errors have been documented. Thanks so much for your attention to detail, Glenn.

There is no need to continue emailing about this issue as our team will be discussing and progressing on this in a meeting on Monday.

We aim to come up with a solution so that authors do not have to modify any of their current practices. We are confident that is possible. Thanks for your patience!

I did not say we will not fix it, just that "tables will remain as-is for the moment." But as mentioned above, we will be meeting and working on a solution soon!

Thanks for that update Samantha. As for emails, I was only responding to each of Tessa's emails about this, direct to her with examples she requested. Sorry if you feel I was out of line communicating with her.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I only meant that there is no need to tell other authors to email the team about this issue as we are aware and working on it. Your correspondence and attention to detail are appreciated!

Understood. Thank you.

2. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image95
        Beth Eaglescliffeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

@Glen

Thanks for alerting me. I agree the table did look odd. I've changed it into a text capsule to avoid the problem for now.

8. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 3 years ago

If tables are being fixed, maybe they can deal with the some of the omissions such as support for subscripts and superscripts and other formatting controls we have in text modules.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)