BCS

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Alabam pulled out the victory against Texas!!!!!!!!

1. Mitch Rapp profile image60
      Mitch Rappposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Damn shame McCoy went down. Alabama got very lucky with that, but they did score the points needed,with a little help from a bonehead call by Greg Davis! 23 Seconds before the half with a freshman quarterback TAKE A KNEE!!!!

2. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

I thought the hit looked weak myself. Maybe the first team in the draft already contacted  him to draft and asked him not to play so to make it look good he threw himself out of the game on the first weak hit to make it look good. I doubt it but I still think it looked weak for a shouldetr injury when it was his knees that were being tangled on the tackle.

Thats it, he plays 4 years winning no less than 10 games a season,has won more games in the FBS than anyone ever, and you think he got out because of the draft? I need some of whatever you're smoking.

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Overall it was a great game. Alabam looked like they werte going to run away with it in the first half, but Texas came back pretty strong.

Whats funny about the whole thing is Alabama isn't that good, they let a true freshman throw two touchdown passes would have been three but one was dropped. I am not impressed.

4. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

hence the reason i said I doubt it( like a joke ) but if he does go first in the draft I may go back to this post and comment. he was good player but that just didnt seem like a tough enough hit to me  especially that quick to just walk out the whole game.. did they mention tore ligaments or dislocation or was arm just sore. Seriously asking bcuz i was watching with sound off and watching the comp at same time.

Said he couldn't feel his arm maybe a pinched nerve, but a quarterback kinda needs to feel his arm. He was never going first in the draft not even in the first round, probably a late second round pick.

5. Mitch Rapp profile image60
    Mitch Rappposted 14 years ago

He needed this game to prove what he could do

6. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

he actually woulda made a big difference in the game had he been there. outcome may have turned the oither way but oh well not my home team. All football here died last two years.

It would have been different but its over and the Tide won a National Championship! Texas will have the best recruiting class in the Nation this year and will pick up more studs! So there is always next year and the year after that....

7. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

He's proven ,i'm just saying from what I saw the hit seemed minor IMO to leave a whole game like that in the BCS National Championship

I agree it didn't look bad but it surely could have felt bad. He was taken out of a game his freshman year because of a pinched nerve in his neck.

8. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

That comeback got me out of my seat until the big hit and fumble.  McCoy going down was huge.  Gilbert comes in and looks like a scared rookie for 22 plays and then starts looking pretty dang good.  I thought Texas was going to pull it out, but Alabama got the big play when they needed it.  Great game.

9. Mitch Rapp profile image60

Gilbert will be the next great quarterback

10. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

After watching a replay over and over ,just now it looked more like a funny bone elbow hit... and a report said he mentioned the hit made his arm numb.. I agree Texas did make a game of it. That was a bit more solid than I originally thought but in the elbow are from what I could see. Anyone know who takes first  shot on draft day.. Still rams or did they win their last game?

11. Mitch Rapp profile image60

Rams get first pick

12. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

I've been hearing that the top QB's won't go first round this year.. I think thats crazy , someone in that first rounds gotta need a qb.. they say tebow wont go til third round bcuz hes a lefty and drops the ball low b4 throwing but I think it would be a waste not to take winningest qb or tebow somewhere near the bottom of first round. I think Suh will go top two picks though

13. Mitch Rapp profile image60

McCoy is a small quarterback 6' 215 pros like them 6'5 and 230. We'll see what happens.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)