2 Links from your hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)
  1. 2Tony profile image59
    2Tonyposted 14 years ago

Your allowed to place two links to your web site in a hub.

If you have three relating hubs can you put two links in each hub to your web site?

T  UK

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you can. Put if you continues this pattern, and significant amount of your hubs will link to the same site, it is also considered overly promotional.

Read Maddie's hub for better understanding http://hubpages.com/hub/Overly-Promotional

1. 2Tony profile image59
        2Tonyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Mish

I'll watch what I'm doing

2. gm0nk3y profile image61
      gm0nk3yposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you are doing this for SEO, it is pointless to have multiple links from the same site pointing to your site. If multiple links from same site is a factor to boost SEO, then everybody would rank high for "loan consolidation", "poker", "make money online", etc. because they will just make millions of hubs pointing back to those sites.

1. 2Tony profile image59

Hi gm0nk3y

So even though there on different hubs it's viewed as coming from the same site because hubpages is the parent site.

Thanks for your input much appreciated

1. gm0nk3y profile image61
          gm0nk3yposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, 1 site = 1 vote if you want to look at it that way. Go to ezinearticles, goarticles, squidoo, etc. for more links to your site.

2. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Hubs are exempt from link limits, it is only EXTERNAL links which will get your hub flagged as overly promotional.

1. 2Tony profile image59

Hi thisisoli

Thanks for you imput, I read one of your remarks a few days back,
      some one asked how many Amazon capsules can you have, quite a few people went on about content is king and you sould only have 1 or 2

Then you came in and said you had 20 odd in one of yours I think every one was correct in one way or another including your self, you just made me laugh when I read it . More Amazon!

T    UK

1. thisisoli profile image69
        thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My hubs with 20+ amazon capsules are mostly the ones that earn me $100s a month, so it works for me!

1. 2Tony profile image59

Ok can you let me have them all.

T

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I agree I have lots and lots of Amazon Capsules in all of my hubs, but I usually have lots of text too. Sales copy and products are content.

But getting back to your links question. I came here to make backlinks and have stayed for a year and 500 hubs because it is a great place to make money in and of itself!

Tread carefully on your external links, HP is has been very careful to create a model that is harsh on excessive linking schemes. That's why the hubs do so well.

It seems that you have to write a lot of hubs with no links to be able to have several with do follow links to the same site. Marissa Wright has described this several times.

1. 2Tony profile image59

Hi Nelle

Thanks for the feed back

I'm fighting at the moment to score a personal 75; I'm bobbing around 72-74
      I must admit I have a few hubs with a few Amazon capsules in but holding back the links at the moment.

I've just changed tact to offer content on something I really know about with less Amazon capsules to try and balance out my personal score.
      I've been on your site Nelle and I know your a expert below are my two latest hub I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

Tony   u.k.

<snipped links - no sigs please>

1. StanBlack profile image61
        StanBlackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't really understand how the whole ranking thing works. You have way more followers than me and have been active far longer so why are you having trouble maintaining over 75 score ?

1. 2Tony profile image59

Hi StanBlack

In the length of time I've been here I've not really been doing anything up until a month ago and  my followers are not really that high compared to some.

So what is it; I think I have a good idea.

Old brains here hit on a project and saw all these stars before his eyes and decided to create a number of related hubs 20 in all and I new all the keyword phrase I wanted to use. So I claimed them alL in one go consequently I have 14 unpublished hub names in my account ranging from 56-59. The only good thing about it is I'm spending every minute I get to try and  publish them TO GT 75.

Silly Billy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)