should i get a tattoo?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (36 posts)
  1. profile image0
    dronconposted 14 years ago

just wondering what people think?

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Speaking as someone who's been the body art editor for a women's site for the last seven and a half year and dispensed countless amounts of body art advice, if you can't decide on your own if you should get a tattoo or not, it means you aren't ready to get one.

1. profile image0
        dronconposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i know that i want one. i was just wanted to hear opinions from others.

2. profile image0
        pinkyleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

totally agree!

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No.  You'll regret it the first time you have surgery, or your ass drops because you are old.

2. srwnson profile image60
    srwnsonposted 14 years ago

I think tattoo's on women a very sexy.

3. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

While a tattoo can be very sexy idea, you need to decide for yourself why you want one. My first came because I had wanted one and another friend wanted one to celebrate her 35th birthday, we went together with the full intent of just me holding her hand, when the guy said he could draw what I wanted and the price was right I got one too. I was back a week later getting another one and my belly pierced too. Two years later I was back getting one to deal with a time in my life with a special tat that was from two different pictures and then the last one was a few years ago to celebrate finding myself again after a very nasty divorce.

I say all of that to help you understand that it is not just something to do just because its the thing. Do it because it means something to you because you will have it forever unless you want to pay to have it removed later on in life.

4. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

i agree with lynne! my firstt at was a HUGE  mistake that i was talked into, it was the thing to get tats... thought the one i got had meaning at the time it since has been covered up because the meaning never heald true in the long run, i have 5 tats and they all mean something to me in some way shape or form, do it because you want to and it has meaning to you dont do it because people say yes you should or no you shouldn't. it is you that will have to live with it and see it every day so the only person who should worry about gettin one or not is you.

5. west40 profile image60
    west40posted 14 years ago

I have five - My first was when I was 32, to celebrate an event in my life.

The most recent one was for my son's college graduation - he is the first person to graduate college in my family since his grandparents and I was/am incredibly proud.

I love each and every one of them.  I am now 50 and I am sure there will be others.

6. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

What kind were you thinking of and where?
    I have a little rose on my left hip, I adore it.

1. profile image0

im thinking lower side back.
      and it will read...
      it isn't fair but it's reality
      i need a miracle in my veins
      after all

1. blondepoet profile image66
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So you mean you are thinking of one with just writing? No graphic?

1. profile image0

yesh

2. profile image0
      lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh BP I have one on my right hip with a heart for the leaf.

Omg mine has a leaf too. Wow we both have good taste smile

7. profile image0

Yeppers, it was my second one. The first is on my left shoulder and is a peach.

8. profile image58
    foreignpressposted 14 years ago

Tattoos and piercings are the most ridiculous waste of time and money ever conceived. Yes, of course, they've been around for eons. I know, they're a personal "statement" to the world. But they are also infantile and project a herd mentality.
       It's far better you take up painting, or dance, or acting classes. If you're not sure about a permanent tattoo -- and I strongly advise against it -- there are the temporary kind that are very realistic but are also easily removed. I believe they're painted on. Besides, everybody who gets a tattoo ends up with cancer.

1. profile image0

i actually do paint already. and i agree that it does project a herd mentality. but at the same time if i didn't get it just because of other peoples choices wouldn't that be worse? i would rather get it because i want it then not get it because other people already have them.

1. profile image58
        foreignpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My daughter got permanent tattoos (her friends all had them) and now she's having a tough time finding a job. Companies don't like tattoos showing. The temporary tattoo is very realistic and lasts for weeks. It's not that expensive. There are even temporary tattoo franchises. So you can still impress your friends with a temp. tattoo, you can change it at your whim, and you won't be saddled with a lifetime decision. Permanent tattoos are very tough to remove and, I believe, quite painful. Obviously this is my personal bias. Glad you're checking out all the options.

1. profile image0

it would be on my lower side back, so that i won't have to worry about it showing.

I think if that is what you really want go for it.

9. pylos26 profile image71
    pylos26posted 14 years ago

Exposed tattoos are tacky.

10. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I got my first tattoo when I was 40!  My husband surprised me by taking me to the tattoo parlor (something I would never had done on my own)...I say go for it, do what YOU want and embrace it.  You have one life, so live it!

Me too Ladybird. You got to do what makes you happy. That is number one.

11. profile image0

If you weren't in Michigan or rather if I was there I'd go with you for support.

1. profile image0

haha thanks. it will be scary. half the people say it doesn't hurt and the other half says it does.

12. profile image0

It really isn't bad depending on your pain threshold. Kinda like carpet burn.

Haha yea a bit like she said. smile

13. profile image0
    dronconposted 14 years ago

cool. lol

14. profile image0

http://www.lumendipity.com/blog/uploaded_images/Gemini-736870.jpg

This is the next one I want.

So pretty smile smile

2. profile image0

is it supposed to look like to women kissing, or is that just because i just watched jennifer's body?
      which is terrible by the way, i tried to give it a chance and all.

15. profile image0

Its for my star sign of Gemini the twins

1. profile image0

oh yeah! thats sweet, sorry i didnt see it at first, my eyes are corrupted

16. profile image0

It's ok, lol It does look like two women kissing. I have a fairy on a psychedelic toadstool in the middle of my lower back so I like the odd ones. My last one was a lady bug on my ankle to celebrate coming back to me. My dad always called me doodlebug or bug when I was growing up and will even revert to that name today.

1. profile image0

sounds crazy, in a rad way. lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)