- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
101 things to do instead of playing Skyrim
1. Go for a walk.
2. Go out and meet new (real) people.
3. Get your holiday shopping done early.
4. Get into sword fighting, martial arts or fencing.
5. Learn how to ride horses.
6. Look at and study the artistic works of others.
7. Spend some time quietly meditating.
8. Study the intricacies of magic and illusion.
9. Prepare a nice, healthy, sit-down meal.
10. Write an article on Hubpages.
11. Do something ridiculous, something not even funny.
12. Browse through the music of musicians you've never heard of before.
13. Go skydiving.
14. Start writing a book.
15. Read poetry to the homeless.
16. Try your hand at pryography.
17. Help a neighbor with chores.
18. Adopt a highway and make the world a cleaner place.
19. Try your hand at ceramics.
20. Take a road trip.
21. Take up weaving.
22. Plant a tree.
23. Practice sketching (improvement comes with practice!)
24. Start learning a new language.
25. Look for forgotten treasures at a thrift store.
26. Call up a politician and tell them about a cause you think they should support.
27. Pick a nasty habit and break it.
28. Self-style yourself an awesome new hairdo.
29. Make some neat beaded necklaces.
30. Volunteer to help out a charity.
31. Take a free class from the Khan Academy.
32. Study a new (or your own) religion.
33. Visit the sponsors of the writers of articles (like this one) so they can keep making more awesome articles for you to read for free.
34. Find a role model from history. For fun, act like them for a day.
35. Learn how to have an out-of-body experience.
36. Streamline your daily routine.
37. Hand-write a letter to someone you love.
38. Learn to play the Theremin.
39. Go on a pub crawl (instead of a dungeon crawl.)
40. Go rock climbing.
41. Spend some time at Project Gutenberg.
42. Study up on something you know you really should study up on.
43. Improve your skills at math.
45. Build something epic out of wood.
46. Spend time listening to someone the way a counselor or psychiatrist would.
47. Give (or get) a massage.
48. Explore the musical tastes of people you meet in retirement homes.
49. Build a website (or a blog!)
50. Stand around with a cardboard sign protesting something from mainstream entertainment (like Twilight or Skyrim.)
51. Learn how to work on (or fix simple things on) your own car.
52. Put together a puzzle.
53. Play around on Free Rice.
54. Take a friend out to lunch.
55. Melt old candle stumps together to create a candle sculpture.
56. Go spelunking.
57. Build a fallout shelter.
58. Play Minecraft.
59. Design your own superhero.
60. Start storyboarding a brand new, independent film.
61. Play catch with a kid.
62. Work to change something that you don't like about yourself.
63. Start keeping a journal.
64. Call your mother.
65. Apply for credentials of ministry.
66. Make a collage.
67. Ask a Mason about Freemasonry.
68. Support a small, local business.
69. Perfect the ultimate belch.
70. Lay the groundwork for a new invention or business.
71. Find a new radio station to listen to.
72. Go fishing.
73. Start collecting garden gnomes.
74. Paint a mural.
75. Dig for marvelous lost treasures at a flea market.
76. Create a work of art from old soda or beer cans.
77. Browse through the stories at Linguistic Erosion.
78. Plant a garden.
79. Spend a few hours at an art museum.
80. Help a friend with homework.
81. Leave books in strange places for people to find.
82. Watch a foreign movie (complete with subtitles.)
83. Learn tattooing.
84. Make friends with a cephalopod.
85. Study the works of the world's greatest architects.
86. Research the “Bliderberg Group.”
87. Take someone out dancing.
88. Watch documentaries (and learn things that will widen your perspective)
89. Make the world a better place (here's a list to get you started)
90. Backup your computer's important files.
91. Wash someone's car for them.
92. Put in a little overtime.
93. Start snapping pictures of things that people don't normally take pictures of (like tiles, toilets and leaf-piles.)
94. Go hangout at a local park.
95. Pick a fear that you have and face it.
96. Play a new board game.
97. Master a strategic game (like chess).
98. Read a big, thick book.
99. Take someone's dog for a walk.
100. Build your own, original RPG.
101. Make your own list of all the things you could be working on instead of playing Skyrim.