Choosing a Good Book: A Useful Guide for the Avid Reader
- Julia Quinn: Her books are mostly “romantic comedies” that take place in the English ton in the 1800’s.
- Danielle Steele: A box of tissue is a must while reading her stories about women overcoming hardships and finding love in the process.
- Johanna Lindsey: Looking for a lusty love story?
- Janet Evanovich: Her early romance books are laugh-out-loud funny!
Mystery and Suspense
Looking for a good “who-done-it” that will keep you at the edge of your seat?
- Mary Higgins Clark: Her stories will suck you right in, and you won’t be able to put her books down!
- Catherine Coulter: Her stories usually involve the FBI and are full of unexpectly plot twists.
- Robin Cook: The master of the medical thriller, he’ll keep you mesmerized as the pages keep turning!
- Janet Evanovich: Her Stephanie Plum series will keep you guessing—while her outrageous sense of humor will keep you entertained from cover to cover.
Looking for a good scare? Then there’s really only one solution: Stephen King. Accept no substitute.
- Night Shift: This collection os short stories includes “Children of the Corn,” “Trucks,” and “I am the Doorway”-- just to name a few!
- The Dark Half: What if your evil pen name/alter-ego were to come to life?
- Dolores Claiborne: A woman tells her life story to the police after she is accused of murdering her husband and employer.
- Misery: What happens when fans become overly obsessive…
Looking to escape reality? Visit other fantastical worlds in the following:
- J. R. R. Tolkein: The Trilogy of the Rings and the prelude to the series,The Hobbit, are absolute masterpieces. You’ll fall in love with the characters.
- Sara Douglass: The Wayfarer Redemption series tackles prejudice behavior and attitudes when three very different people must unite to save their land from a common enemy.
Go Lose Yourself in a Book!
- Now that you have selected your book, you can escape into the stories the writers have created for you.
- Have fun!
Additional Information About the Authors-- Online Sources
- Julia Quinn, Author of Historical Romance Novels
Best known for her Bridgerton series, Julia Quinn is the New York Times bestselling author of witty, fast-paced historical romances set in regency England.
- Johanna Lindsey
A bibliography of Johanna Lindsey's books, with the latest releases, covers, descriptions and availability.
- Home - Janet Evanovich
- Mary Higgins Clark, author of Where Are You Now? and No Place Like Home
- The Official Robin Cook Site :: Author of Cure and Coma
Doctor and author Robin Cook is widely credited with introducing the word
- Welcome to StephenKing.com
The Official Website for the author Stephen King.
- J. R. R. Tolkien - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sara Douglass Official Web Site