Fast and Furious Cars: Rio Heist Diecast Collectibles
About the Fast Five Movie
Movie car diecasts featured here are all from the 5th installment of The Fast and The Furious franchise widely known as Fast Five or Fast & Furious: Rio Heist.
The film is released last 2011 and though it contains minor car racing scene, the main plot of the film is different from its previous installments which heavily features street racing. The story of Fast and Furious 5 (Fast Five) revolves around the main characters stealing millions of dollars from a corrupt businessman while evading arrest from a US-DSS agent (played by none other than Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
It is interesting to note that even though the film only featured or rather “implied” one race, the car chase is as action packed (if not more) than previous FnF movies. Fast Five is the highest grossing film in all FnF franchise (as of posting time) and is positively received by critics and fans.
This physics-defying, vault-flying, movie would surely be enjoyed by anyone who loves cars and action-packed movies.
Be sure to check out the list of actual hot memorable cars used in Fast Five at the bottom part of this post - includes the Koenigsegg CCXR, LFA, SRT-8 challenger, etc...
About the Fast Five Diecast Movie Car
The Fast Five diecasts featured here are from diecast toy manufacturers Majorette, Matchbox, and Tomica. These Fast Five movie diecasts are unofficial and not officially released. This simply means that the packaging of these car replicas does not contain the words "The Fast and The Furious 5" and is not advertise as such. Unlike Greenlight’s Hollywood series release wherein the card itself says “Dom’s Dodge Charger” and has the “The Fast and The Furious” logo embedded on the card. A movie car collector must have a keen eye to spot the Fast Five move diecasts featured here.
Will also explain at what point of the movie the real car is used for the benefit of the reader. All three diecasts have amazing paint job, great details, and are relatively cheap (all SRP of these diecasts will not exceed $4).
Anyway, enough with the chit-chat, enjoy the diecasts...
Diecast replicas of character Han
Han used two memorable cars in the movie The Fast and The Furious 5: Rio Heist. These cars are a gray Subaru Impreza and a black Toyota Lexus LFA
Brian's Fast Five Diecast
Brian used a lot of cars in the movie. However, the only memorable ones is an old school GTR, the gray R35 GTR, and a Blue Porsche 911 GT3 RS
- The gray GTR diecast (made by Majorette) is seen parked on Brian’s rest house at the latter parts of the film – the one scene where he asked Dom (Vin Diesel’s character) for one final race.
- The white Nissan Skyline diecast (manufactured by Hotwheels) is not that movie accurate as it has a different color from the one used on the movie - the one used in the movie is color Gray
- The white Nissan Skyline diecast is the one used by Brian and Mia when they meet up with Vince and while doing the recon on Reyes’ safehouses.
- The blue Porsche is the one that Brian and Dom won from a local street racer champ where it was implied that it was his first street racing lost.
Blue Porsce 911 GT3 diecast movie car
Some additional info about the blue Porsche 911 GT3 RS Fast Five Diecast:
- For those who are not aware, Brian (Paul Walker's character) and Toretto (Vin Diesells character) won this particular vehicle and did not steal it.
- Unfortunately, it did not pass the speed and agility test which prompted the crew to get a 370z, Subaru Impreza, etc...
- This blue Porsche diecast movie car is from toymaker Matchbox whose SRP is 99 cents in toy sections of local malls.
Other cool movie car diecasts
Other Hot and Memorable Cars used on Fast Five
Armet Gukha F5 - tank like vehicle used by The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and his crew
Cars stolen on the train during the first parts of the film:
- DeTomaso Pantera GT-5S
- Ford GT40
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
Cars used in practicing the 10-second window:
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS
- Nissan 350Z
- Nissan 370Z
- Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Cars used during the police / safe chase
- 2011 Dodge Charger - police cars
- 2010 Dodge Charger SRT-8 - used by Dom and Brian in pulling the safe
Cars bought by some of the characters during the final parts of the film
- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - Dom Toretto
- 2010 Koenigsegg CCXR - Roman Pearce and Ludacris's character
- Lexus LFA - Han
- Nissan GTR R35 - Brian