- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Gears Of War 3: How To Defeat "Armored Kantus" Locust Enemies
The Armored Kantus is a new enemy in Gears Of War 3. You will fight these locust creatures in Campaign and in horde mode. The Armored Kantus first makes an appearance on ACT 4 of the Gears Of War 3 Campaign. Armored Kantus are also a playable character in the new Gears Of War 3 "Beast Mode."
Armored Kantus are similar to normal Kantus from Gears of War 2, except they are much more difficult to kill. They are basically the steroid version of the regular Kantus. The Armored Kantus is equipped with a special type of armor and can withstand a ton of bullet damage. They also carry dual wielding Gorgon Pistols.
Strengths & Resistances
- Bullets will not hurt the Armored Kantus much, if at all.
- They have the ability to roll at you and cause a lot of damage because of the spikes on their armor
- They can heal and revive other locust just like the normal Kantus.
- Their Gorgan Pistols are deadly & can easily kill you, especially if you are playing Gears of War 3 on Insane difficulty.
- Explosive weapons work very well against the Armored Kantus.
- Tagging a frag grenade to them will cause massive damage.
- They are vulnerable to headshots when they scream.
How to defeat Armored Kantus in Gears Of War 3
The best way to kill an Armored Kantus in Gears of War 3 is by using explosive weapons. These include weapons like the Boomshot and Torque Bow. Throwing grenades at them will also hurt them badly. If you are playing on Insane difficulty, it's best NOT to grenade tag an Armored Kantus because you can not be revived on insane. On the other hand, tagging them with grenades is very effective, but quite risky on insane.
If you don't have explosives, you can still kill an Armored Kantus when it exposes it's head. Shoot the heck out of it when it screams!
Also, watch out for the roll attack from the Armored Kantus. Their armored suit can damage you. Roll out of the way if you see them rolling.