- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
GodFinger Awe - all about getting more Awe
Awe - exactly what is it?
Awe is one of the four types points you can earn on GodFinger, in addition to experience points (XP), Mana and gold. But, it's probably the most mysterious. XP allows you to level up. Gold allows you to buy things in the Store. Mana enables your wonders. But Awe? Well, it can do a few things for you:
- restore the energy and vitality for an exhausted Follower
- build a brand-new building immediately
- buy you things in the Store that are denominated in Awe and not Gold (things like certain tents and taverns, like the Orange Medieval Tent and Thatched Forge, and premium Shrines)
- buy you gold, at an approximate exchange rate of 45-100 gold per Awe (depending on the volume; larger purchases give you a better exchange rate)
What ngmoco would like you to do is buy Awe, since, with a free game, advertising and virtual goods sales are the company's sole source of revenue. I have to say I enjoyed the game so much that I bought a 35 pack of Awe for $4.99; I've paid more for apps I've used far less.
But how do you get Awe without having to shell out cash? There are only two ways I've found out:
- Leveling up. Not every level up will give you Awe, just like every level up doesn't necessarily give you a new or an improved wonder. But certain levels will give you an Awe.
- Completing goals. Certain goals, when you've accomplished them, will give you Awe. (Others will only give you XP and/or gold)
So if you really need that new forge built on the double, and can't wait until the capricious environment gives you the Awe you need, you can buy some from the store. Here's what the cost works out to be, based on the volume you buy:
- 35 Awe for $4.99 = $0.14/Awe
- 225 Awe for $19.99 = $0.09/Awe
- 900 Awe for $49.99 = $0.06/Awe
You definitely get a discount on larger purchases of Awe, but you'd really have to want to pimp out your planet to get the $50 pack. But, hey, to each their own.