Gunner Squadron iPhone App Game Good Achievements Guide
I found this game really entertaining and I have completed most of the achievements even the “El Pollo Loco” achievement so I thought I would note down my tips and tricks and guide here. This is a work in progress so if I missed anything then please use the comments at the bottom to add your input. This site does not allow the posting of codes so please don’t add yours to the comments as I approve each comment and will have to deny any offenders. However if you check out the “squadron” achievement lower down I have included my code as I have 250 recruits and you get mine if you add me. I felt this would help new players and give them a boost and would be acceptable if there was only one.
There is a full list of achievements and my notes/tips on how to achieve them below the number in brackets [ ] at the end of each line is the number of achievement points you will get.
Note – If anyone knows how many points are need to open each rank and how many crystals bonus you get for unlocking them I would love it if you posted so I could add them. I forget to keep a record… oops
Gunner Promo video
My General Playthrough Tips
- Go for the easy achievements to rank up quickly and unlock the goodies. You should have most of the good stuff by lieutenant or Captain.
- Make sure you build your squadron up. I have 250 mercs and 250+ recruits so I get a minimum of 500 shards each round I play. Have a saved search on Twitter for Gunner Squadron which I use once a day. You should maximise this further by going for the “Squadron Bonus” upgrades in the hanger again well worth it because you get that bonus every round.
- Make sure you upgrade the “number of crystals extracted from shards”. You can max this to 5 which means each shard you hit gives you 5 shards. Later on when you unlock the “Crystal Magic” nexus ability this doubles whatever you get so you could be getting 10 shards for each one you hit! You can add to this EVEN MORE by using the “Crystal Torrent” nexus ability which increases the number of shards by 100% and makes them last 20% longer on screen giving you more time to hit them.
- Open up your nexus ability slots as early as possible… both of them
- WildFire – complete a round with less than 50% accuracy 
- Void Shooter – complete a round with less than 40% accuracy 
- Ether Killer – complete a round with less than 30% accuracy 
These are very easy, I recommend choosing the novice mission level and then simply holding down the fire button and avoiding the asteroids flying around for as long as possible. Simply shoot any asteroids heading towards you and then resume shooting at nothing!
- Dead Eye – Complete a round with an accuracy of 60% or more 
- Sharpshooter – Complete a round with an accuracy of 70% or more 
- Sniper – Complete a round with an accuracy of 90% or more 
- Robotic – Complete a round with 100% accuracy 
The tips for doing this are:
- Choose the novice mission, you’re under less pressure as there are so few asteroids
- Only shoot the asteroids close to you and never hold down the fire button just tap when necessary
- Use triple shot when big asteroids are close to you and take the accuracy bonus in case you miss a shot or two!
- Lucky – Survive first 30 sec of round without laser, shield or shockwave 
- Dumb Luck – Survive first 60 sec of round without laser, shield or shockwave 
- Horseshoe Rider – Survive first 90 sec of round without laser, shield or shockwave 
- Fowl Clover – Survive first 150 sec of round without laser, shield or shockwave 
The tips for doing this are:
- I made the mistake of using grenade shot “instead” of laser but I think that affects the achievement, I found not shooting at all worked best
- Okay so you can’t use shield but you can use time warp! A fully upgraded time warp has an 18 second effect and a fully upgraded power slot holds 4 time warps that is about half the time you need
- Again choose the novice mission. There are less asteroids
- Itchy Finger – Fire off 100 shots in 10 seconds 
- Trigger Finger – Fire off 250 shots in 30 seconds 
- Power Finger – Fire off 500 shots in 60 seconds 
- Power Pack – Shoot 3 offensive PowerUps back to back 
- Power Hungry – Shoot 5 offensive PowerUps back to back 
- Power Crazy – Shoot 8 offensive PowerUps back to back 
Activate 5 Time Warps in one round 
I found the easiest way to do this was to fill up a fully upgraded power slot with 4 time warps, use the “Power Up Frenzy” nexus ability and then as soon as you get a time warp from an asteroid start clicking your stored time warps. Note – the achievement say “activate” 5 time warps so you don’t need to wait for each one to run out. Just keep hitting the time warps
- Multiplier Rookie – Score with a 30x + multiplier 
- Multiplier Man – Score with a 100x + multiplier 
- Multiplier Master – Score with a 500x + multiplier 
- Multiplier Jedi – Score with a 1000x + multiplier 
This one is a difficult(ish). What you need to do is upgrade your “eggplier” duration and bonus (which is a disadvantage) and when you get a speed chicken just start hammering away at the asteroids. IN ORDER TO SCORE which is needed to get the achievement then when your Space Chicken shots are running out, stop shooting and when your lasers return SHOOT A SMALL ASTEROID. If you shoot a medium or large asteroid your bonus is lost….
Note – if you shoot at just one asteroid it is going to start moving really fast and probably kill you, try to spread your shots and if you concentrate on asteroids heading towards you then you should just be slowing the asteroids down.
- On a Roll – Complete 2 rounds without losing any health 
- Untouchable – Complete 5 consecutive rounds without losing any health 
- Hanging On – Play for an entire round with only one health 
- Stayin’ Alive – Last 10 rounds with only one health 
The first three levels of this are easy.
- The first two, just choose a novice mission level and stock up on shields. You could also use the “Rock Ballad” or “Rock Serenade” nexus abilities to slow the asteroids down.
- For the third, Choose the novice mission level but before you start simply hit the minus bar next to your health and drop one bar at a time until you have one left that way you start the easiest level with one health bar!
- For the fourth – I recommend the “Invulnerable” nexus ability and dropping your health on the novice mission. Just make sure you don’t pick up any health along the way!
Get a Shockwave bonus of 0 
Pretty easy, novice mission, destroy all the asteroids until you have only crystals flying around and then hit shockwave..
- Wield the Shield – Destroy 2 asteroids with a single shield 
- Shield Pummel – Destroy 10 asteroids with a single shield 
- Shield Power – Destroy 25 asteroids with a single shield 
This is most easily done on the “Insane” mission as there are a huge number of asteroids. You can also use the “Kamikaze” nexus ability to double the number of asteroids and their speed. Take a large stock of shields then start a shield while you break the larger asteroids into smaller chunks and then let the smaller asteroids keep hitting your shield. If you have it unlocked you could use the “Invulnerable” nexus ability to keep you alive while you break up the asteroids before starting a shield
- Shiny Shield – Keep 2 consecutive and uninterrupted shields undamaged 
- Pretty Shield – Keep 4 consecutive and uninterrupted shields undamaged 
- My Precious – Keep 8 consecutive and uninterrupted shields undamaged 
Easily done on the novice mission. Take a large stock of shields and start working through them. This achievement will work in multiple rounds of the same game so just work through carefully. A couple of shockwaves help if you start getting overrun.
- Crusher – Destroy complete asteroid in under 14 seconds 
- Obliterator – Destroy complete asteroid in under 5 seconds 
- Annihilator – Destroy complete asteroid in under 3 seconds 
Speed grenade or triple speed grenade is really effective for this
- TNT – 10,000+ points from shockwave bomb 
- A-Bomb – 50,000+ points from shockwave bomb 
- H-Bomb – 100,000+ points from shockwave bomb 
- Kaboom! – 150,000+ points from shockwave bomb 
Kamikaze doubles your scoring and asteroids. Take a tougher mission so there are loads of asteroids on screen.
- Test Pilot – Complete 1 round without a single PowerUp 
- Wing Commander – Complete 2 consecutive rounds without PowerUps 
- Asteroid Ace – Complete 5 consecutive rounds without PowerUps 
On the novice mission this is pretty easy just shoot carefully so you don’t accidentally grab a PowerUp released from an asteroid. If you have unlocked invulnerable then this is VERY easy
- Asteroid Harvest – More than 40 asteroids in play at once 
- Asteroid Bounty – More than 50 asteroids in play at once [10
- Asteroid Frenzy – More than 60 asteroids in play at once 
Choose a very hard misson type. Take some shields and some triple shot. Play through until you get to a later wave and then activate your shield and then triple shot and start breaking up the asteroids
- Shooting Blind – Shoot 15 off-screen asteroids in a round 
- A Shot in the Dark – Shoot 30 off-screen asteroids in a round 
- Blindfolded Bonanza – Shoot 50 off-screen asteroids in a round 
Get an asteroid moving super fast using Chicken Shot 
- Backward Gunner – Get 2,500 points using the Reverse PowerUp 
- Backward Bonanza – Get 20,000 points using the Reverse PowerUp 
- Backward Blaster – Get 100,000 points using the Reverse PowerUp 
Killed by an ‘egg’celerated asteroid 
- Triple threat – 100% accuracy in 10 consecutive rounds of triple shot 
- Shotgun Method – 100% accuracy in 15 consecutive rounds of triple shot 
- Blast Radius – 100% accuracy in 30 consecutive rounds of triple shot 
- Training Complete – Nicely Done! You’ve just completed your first Achievement!
- Post Graduate – Unlock 2 missions 
- Captain Cluckers – Unlock 3 missions 
- Lieutenant Leghorn – Unlock 5 missions 
- Slots! – 2 consecutive matching spinning PowerUps 
- Lucky 3’s – 3 consecutive matching spinning PowerUps 
- Jackpot – 5 consecutive matching spinning PowerUps 
- Gunner Runt – Achieve 10,000 points in a round 
- Gunner Apprentice – Achieve 100,000 points in a round 
- Gunner Master – Achieve 1,000,000 points in a round 
- Gunner Wiz – Achieve 10,000,000 points in a round 
- Fast Times – Complete a round in under 120 seconds 
- Speed Demon – Complete a round in under 90 seconds 
- Speed Freak – Complete a round in under 70 seconds 
I found a combination of time warp and triple shot on the novice mission will get these for you. Time warp keeps the fragments together and the triple shot lets you decimate the asteroids
- Patient Poultry – Shoot 1 PowerUp that spawns after a crystal pouch fades 
- Holding Out – Shoot 3 PowerUp that spawns after a crystal pouch fades 
- Thrifty – Shoot 6 PowerUp that spawns after a crystal pouch fades 
- Headache – Survive getting hit by a large asteroid 
- Migraine – Survive getting hit by 2 large asteroids in a single round 
- Punching Bag – Survive getting hit by 3 large asteroids in a single round 
- Crystal Nave – Mine 80% of all shards in one round without crystal vac 
- Crystal Master – Mine 90% of all shards in two consecutive rounds without crystal vac 
- Crystal Wizard – Mine 95% of all shards in five consecutive rounds without crystal vac 
- Junior Squadron – assemble a squadron with 10 members 
- Senior Squadron – assemble a squadron with 100 members 
- Super Squadron – assemble a squadron with 500 members 
I think the only thing you need to know about this is mercs don’t count. If you run a search on twitter for Gunner Squadron you can get a bunch of codes to add. Since there is a crystal bonus every day for posting your code you will see a few repeats. This site does not allow the posting of codes so please don’t add yours to the comments as I approve each comment and will have to deny any offenders. I will however post mine as I have 250+ recruits and you get the recruits of anyone you recruit (V4QC).
Who Needs Friends?
- Hired Guns – Purchase 25 mercenaries 
- Who Needs Friends? – Purchase 100 mercenaries 
This is easy but I thought I should mention that purchasing mercs is essential as early on as possible so you get the shard bonus each round. You are probably going to play quite a few games to get all of the achievements and there are currently limits on how many you can buy
- Barely Geared – Purchase 7 rank 2 hangar upgrades 
- Upgraded – Purchase 7 rank 3 hangar upgrades 
- Superior – Purchase 7 rank 4 hangar upgrades 
- Elite – Purchase 7 rank 5 hangar upgrades 
- 5/5 – Destroy 5 small asteroids in 5 consecutive shots 
- 10/10 – Destroy 10 small asteroids in 10 consecutive shots 
- 20/20 – Destroy 20 small asteroids in 20 consecutive shots 
- 30/30 – Destroy 30 small asteroids in 30 consecutive shots 
I did the first 3 on the novice mission using time warp and picking my shots to break up the large and medium asteroids without shooting any small ones. Then I just concentrated on shooting the small asteroids one by one as they came close by. IGNORE the crystal shards (just take crystal vac so you don’t feel the urge to shoot the shards!)
- Shard Love – Mine 2,500 shards in a lifetime 
- Shard Master – Mine 10,000 shards in a lifetime 
- Shard Zen – Mine 25,000 shards in a lifetime 
- Miser – save up 5,000 crystals 
- Crystal Pincher – save up 30,000 crystals 
- Wealthy Mogul – save up 100,000 crystals 
- Millionaire – save up 1,000,000 crystals 
- 1k Club – Destroy 1,000 asteroids in your career 
- 10k Club – Destroy 10,000 asteroids in your career 
- 50k Club – Destroy 50,000 asteroids in your career 
- 100k Club – Destroy 100,000 asteroids in your career 
El Pollo Loco
Congratulations, Pollo Loco! 
Okay so you can’t use “Invulnerable” for this one as it would be far too easy. You need to complete 15 rounds on insane and this isn’t too bad as long as you are prepared! I did wait until I had upgraded a number of things:
- My shot speed
- My Rapid Fire speed
- My PowerUp shot speeds
- My Time Warp and my Power Shield
- Both my PowerUp slots were maxed (4x each slot)
I also used the PowerUp Frenzy and Rock Serenade nexus abilities to ensure I got a lot of PowerUps and also to slow the asteroids down. I took 4 power shields and 4 Rapid fires each time I got to stock up. You could use triple speed but a maxed out rapid fire lasts 18 seconds and increases bullet speed by 25% and triple speed only lasts 8 seconds. There are 5 waves in insane so I tried to play through as much of the first wave without triggering a stored shield or rapid fire then I used a shield and rapid fire to decimate anything on screen. 18 seconds of rapid fire will cut through a lot of roids!