How to Beat Bacteria in Plague Inc.
Bacteria is the first level of the addictive strategy game Plague Inc. in which you are tasked to wipe out humanity. It is a fairly easy level to beat once you have played it a couple of times and it can be beaten on Brutal, even in the free game.
Winning On Brutal In The Free Game
This can look like an impossible task but I have managed it. You will need to be patient as it takes time and you will have to spend DNA points devolving symptoms.
The walk-through for normal will work for brutal with a few tweaks
The basic rule is not to spend to many DNA and only do basic Air, Water and Drug resistance to start. Only do the Heat and Cold resistance if it is really necessary.
You will need full Drug resistance and may need to put Air and Water up all the way if they develop the filtration systems that will stop you.
You will have to spend your points on the Symptoms and slowing the research.
Watch you Points as they are valuable on Brutal and you need to keep enough to slow the research and bump up your symptoms at the end.
Brutal With Modifiers
Each Gene Modifier brings something different to the game.
These are the Modifiers that I like to use:
- Metabolic Jump
- Genetic Mimic
- Ionised Helix
More Plague Inc. Help
- How To Win Plague Inc.
How to beat Plague Inc.
How To Beat Bacteria On Normal
For this one I started in China. I have not used any Gene Modifiers at the start
- Collect 20 DNA points
- Evolve Air 1
- Evolve Water 1
- Collect 10 DNA points (You should now have 11)
- Evolve Drug Resistance 1
- Build points up to 34
- Devolve any symptoms that evolve while you are building up your points. (You don't want to be spotted this early on.) Keep doing this all the time until you have infected 90% or more of the worlds population.
- Check infected countries in world map. I always have between 10 and 20 by this point.
- You should be at or close to the 1 billion infected mark at this point.
- Evolve Air 2
- Evolve Water 2
- Get DNA up to 26
- Evolve Drug Resistance 2
- You should see more countries becoming infected now
- Devolve Symptoms if they evolve
- It time to play the waiting game. Watch the world turn red.
- Once all countries are infected and you have over 100 DNA points its time to look at speeding things up. By now most of the world should be red with just a few countries that only have a small amount of infected. These countries will be the likes of Greenland which is cold and parts of Africa which is warm. Evolve Bacterial Resilience 1. You will see a slight speeding up of infection. Next four steps will speed it up even more. Only use them if you have 200+ DNA otherwise you may end up running out when you need it most.
- Evolve Cold Resistance 1
- Evolve Heat Resistance 1
- Evolve Cold 2
- Evolve heat 2
- The world should turn fully red in no time now
- When there are no healthy people left its time to unleash the symptoms.
- Use Genetic Hardening and Reshuffle to slow down the research speed
- Total Organ Failure
The last few steps are up to you, but by this point you should have not much left to do,
While Infecting The World
- The main thing is to not allow the plague to develop symptoms on its own and devolve them it it does.
- Make sure you get all the red and yellow bubbles as these will greatly increase your DNA points.
- Use the Reshuffle to slow down research if it has started.
Once The World Is Infected
- Evolve lethal symptoms as soon as the last person is infected. You will have to start from the none lethal and work your way up.
- Follow the Insomnia path as this will help slow down any research that may be underway.