Smoking Hookah: Hookah Smoking for the Beginner
Smoking Hookah Informational Diagram
Smoking Hookah: Hookah Smoking and What you will need
What is a Hookah?
- "A hookah is a single or multi-stemmed instrument for vaporizing and smoking flavored tobacco called shisha in which the vapor or smoke is passed through a water basin ‒ often glass-based ‒ before inhalation." -Wikipedia
supplies: Hookah pipe, hose, aluminum foil, hookah specific coals, and shisha tobacco.
Now that we have all of our necessities out of the way, we are ready to start enjoying smoking hookah, hookah smoking, hookah smoke, smoke hookah, smoking products, stop smoke hookah store, hookah shop
Smoking Hookah: Hookah Smoking Setup
Before we can smoke, we need to set up our hookah properly. if the terms that i use in this section are unfamiliar to you, please refer to the diagram above or the video below for clarification.
- Place the ashtray onto the stem and attach the bowl grommet by screwing it securely but not over tightly to the stem.
- Fill the base with water so that the base of the stem is about 3/4 inch under the top of the water when assembled (for a colder smoke you can put the base in the freezer or add ice cubes to the water)
- Many hookah smokers will substitute juice or even flavored alcohol for water in the base of their hookah. I leave these ideas to you and encourage you to try your own!
- pack your bowl with shisha. break the shisha up as much as possible, removing hard stems. a loosely packed bowl will allow for better air flow. make sure no shisha is over the rim of the bowl.
- Place aluminum foil, shiny side down, over the bowl so that it completely covers the bowl and is "tight like a drum" across the top.
- poke small holes in the foil layer in a circular pattern until you have about 20-30 holes the size of a close pen tip.
- place the bowl on the grommet
- place the hose in to the hole
- now its time to light our hookah coals. i recommend lighting them with the stove (hold in the flame for gas, set the coal on the eye for electric.) and then placing gently on top of the aluminum covered bowl with metal tongs.
- grab your hookah hose and start inhaling! (it may take a minute or two to start working)
- move the coal around as it burns and enjoy
- When finished, rinse all the pieces with warm water and dry as best as possible
enjoy smoking hookah, hookah smoking, hookah smoke, smoke hookah, smoking products, stop smoke, hookah store, hookah shop
Smoking Hookah Help Video
Check out this great video. it details many of the topics covered in this hub and may help to fill in any blanks or confusion of textual explanation.
there are many great videos available on the topics of smoking hookah, hookah smoking, hookah smoke, smoke hookah, smoking products, stop smoke
Smoking Hookah: is Hookah Smoking Harmful?
Smoking Hookah: Is Hookah Smoking Safe?
Do you think smoking is harmful to your health? Smoking of any kind can raise controversy. check out this quote from Lowell Dale, M.D of the Mayo Clinic and decide for yourself.
"The tobacco is no less toxic in a hookah pipe, and the water in the hookah does not filter out the toxic ingredients in the tobacco smoke. Hookah smokers may actually inhale more tobacco smoke than cigarette smokers do because of the large volume of smoke they inhale in one smoking session, which can last as long as 60 minutes. While research about hookah smoking is still emerging, evidence shows that it poses many dangers: Hookah smoke contains high levels of toxic compounds, including tar, carbon monoxide, heavy metals and cancer-causing chemicals (carcinogens). In fact, hookah smokers are exposed to more carbon monoxide and smoke than are cigarette smokers."
For more information, Read the full article by clicking here.