Top Best Selling Toys for Christmas
Top Toys for 2010
The Top Selling Toys for Christmas 2010
It Is that time of year again, when Children every where, are already scouring the Toy Catalogues, and making their Christmas wish list for Santa.
Toy companies have started advertising their new products on Kids TV, so every time Children see them, we hear "I want that for Christmas." and with so many toys out there to choose from, which toys are the most popular for Christmas 2010?
1. Stinky the dancing Rubbish Truck by Mattel Matchbox is a top toy for boys, Stinky costs £82 and gobbles up cars and spits them out, he also talks and breaks into a singing and dancing routine, children have been raving about this cool toy, and it's tipped to be a big seller this Christmas.
2. Ferrari F1 electric ride on by Exclusive Toys has been designed with the real engineers of Ferari, and promises the quality and junction of owners of the real adults Ferari's, this car is suitable for children upto age 6, and children have said it is like driving a real car, this car costs a whooping £460.
3. Paper Jamz Guitar by Wowee offers children a instant rock experience, it is computerized and allows youngsters to play along to pre-programmed tunes or just create their own, it also comes with headphone's so wont annoy parents with the constant noise haahaa, Children have said it was great fun, and at £32.00 i will deffinately be getting one for my son.
4. Kidizoom Video Camera by VTech is likely to be as successful as the VTech Camera's that have been best sellers for the last two christmas's, the features include a built in video editor, digital zoom and a colour LCD screen as well as games, children have said it was easy to use and fun making their own films, this video camera costs £75.
5. Barbie Video Girl is going to be popular for girls this christmas, This Cool Barbie doll has a video camera inserted into her back, and instant playback is possible, children have said they love the new Barbie doll and having a camera in her back makes her even better, this Barbie costs £75.
6. Ben 10 Ultimate Alien Disc Ultimatrix, was bound to be a top seller for boys, Ben 10 is constantly on my kids christmas lists and i'm sure on many other boys too, The key to unlocking alien sound and light effects, it launches on 10/10/10 and is predicted to be in great demand for Christmas. A mini disc slogs into the wristband to unleash a load of extraordinary noises. children have said this is awesome and others said they felt like they were turning into real Aliens?? This toy costs £23.
7. Kung Zhu Hamsters by character options, was last years suprise sell out and this year they have redesigned the models to appeal more to boys, the newest creations from Zhu Zhu Pets involves battle between the Kung Zhu ninja warriors and the kung zhu special forces, children have said they are brilliant and they like the fact you can dress the hamster's in different armour, these hamsters cost £13.
8. Dave the Funky Monkey by Wow Stuff is a cheeky cuddly monkey called Dave who sits on your shoulder like a parrot and chats to friends and passers by, offering 32 functions, including High 5 and Yo Dave. this Monkey costs £25.
9. Turbo Twister by RBM Creations is Hamleys best selling remote controlled car and popular with both boys and girls, they preform spins, wheelies and complete 360 degree flips, Children have said it is amazing what the cars can do and you never get bored of them, these cars cost £35 or £60 for two.
10. Sylvanian Family Regencey Hotel is a magnificant building with three stories and nine rooms, one of the rooms has a working chandelier light, and comes with lots of accessories, this Hotel costs £99.
11. Lego Hero Factory is the latest craze for lego fan's, and is replacing the lego bionicles in the popularity stakes, The cost ranges from £7.99 for a lego hero figure to £34.99 for the lego hero drop ship, a must have for any Lego fans.
12. Mindflex Wireless Electronic Game is the new menatal acuity game from Mattel, When you focus your concentration, a small foam ball will rise on a gentle stream of air. Relax your thoughts and the ball will descend. By using a combination of physical and mental coordination, you must then guide the ball through a customisable obstacle course - the various obstacles can be repositioned into many different configurations. Mindflex combines advanced technology with the power of thought to create an interactive experience unlike any other- a game where players compete in the ultimate mental marathon! This Game costs £80.
13. Baby Annabell Version 5 by Zapf Creations is a 18inch doll that acts just like a real baby, She has similar characteristic to a real baby, she can drink real water from her bottle and makes sucking noises whilst drinking she will then burp and fall asleep. If she's upset she will even cry real tears, but singing soon hushes her. She is even alert to sound or movement and wakes up if someone makes a noise. When she sleeps she closes her eyes and you can hear her breathing, sometimes gently snoring. Baby Annabell costs £45
14. Micro Scalextric Street Mayhem Set by Hornby is already selling fast in most stores, the set contains three great cars including Nissan 350Z, Porche Boxter and Audi TT, for your children to drive around the twisty circuit, the circuit includes a crossover and a chicane for high impact street car racing, this set costs £38.00.
15. Monopoly Revolution is the newest addition to monopoly to celebrate 75 years, The traditional game has been updated with a round board and all new graphics such as a electronic banking unit with built in songs and sound effects, a perfect game to play with your children on Christmas day costing £30.
See the winning toy below.
WINNING TOY FOR CHRISTMAS 2010
And the toy that is tipped to be the biggest seller for Christmas 2010 is Jet Pack Buzz Lightyear by Mattel, this is predicted by various toy stores including Hamleys to be this year's sell out, the 12 inch figure comes complete with a rocket pack incorporating after burner jet lights and sounds, it also comes with lazer arm lights and retractable helmet, and with Toy Story 3 coming out on dvd this toy is set to rocket in popularity costing £50.
Top Toys for 2010
Jet Pack Buzz Lightyear Advert
Have you started your christmas shopping?
A Look at the Top Toys 10 Years Ago?
Can you remember these toys from ten years ago?
Toys have changed quite a lot in the last ten years, however some of them seem to be as popular as ever before.
The year 2000, saw Thunderbirds make a comeback, and children all over the world had a Razor Scooter on their Christmas list.
The Top Ten Toys for the Year 2000;
1. Scooters (Particularly Razor Scooters)
3. Who Wants to be a Millionaire Board Game
4. Thunderbirds Tracey Island
5. Amazing Ally
6. Bob the Builder 12" Figure
7. Princess Bride Barbie
9. Pokémon Pokedex
10. Baby Annabel
Ten years on, and Barbie is still on the top toy's list, as is Baby Anabel.
Scooters have been around for years, but every few years an updated version will come out, and instantly become one of the must have toys for that Christmas.
And it's great to see that despite the popularity of consoles, board game are still just as popular today.
Christmas just wouldn't be the same without a good old fashioned, family board game!
© 2010 Zoey