What to Do When You Are Bored at Work: 10 Things to do when you're bored at work
Things to do when you’re bored at work.
When you’re stuck in the office and work just seems to be at a stand still, or you’re bored with your job, there are plenty of things you can do to keep busy and grind it out keeping the paycheck coming.
1) Surf the internet: Depending on the internet settings at work, surfing the net is probably time killer number one. Some of my favorites to kill time are the local online versions of newspapers, Yahoo, CNBC, any new’s service usually offers some good reading material. Research some ideas you’ve had or explore a topic that interests you.
2) Trade Stocks: How fun is that to make money while making money. If you can develop a strategy that fits the time you have available, its great entertainment to make the day pass by.
3) Organize: Organize your files, your pictures, your desk. Keep it clutter free so you can just pick up one day and walk out and not miss a thing. Organize your personal life, get your bills paid, look at your budget, create a budget, go over your bank account….make sure that your personal house is in order.
4) Games: Freecell, Solataire, chess, online games, any game really that is turn based and can draw out time.
5) Start a blog or website: use the downtime to work on content. Write articles, look for pictures ideas or inspiration.
6) Workout: take an extra long lunch and use that time to get a workout in. This way, you don’t have to waste your time doing it.
7) Work on your resume/ look for another job: If you’re in this situation to begin with, chances are you’re job just isn’t the right one for you. Unless you like doing nothing and killing time, then it might be perfect.
8) IM, Chat or email friends/family: Self explanatory, but this one is an easy one to keep going throughout the day. Not always a time killer, but you can keep several conversations going at once and stay plugged into the lives of those you care about.
9) Doodle: Not always a time killer, but during boring meetings or anything that seems to just be draggin, grab a pen and start scribbling. I prefer red ink…makes me feel like a kid again.
10) Plan Plan Plan: for things to do when you’re not at work. Good time management should allow your nights and weekends to free flow because you’ve thought about what you want to do while getting paid.
Sure there are more things to do, so if you have some of your favorites, drop ‘em down in a comment, that can be the #11th thing to do.